News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who is the best wielder of Martin's sword?

Started by Muse, September 22, 2011, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best wielder of Martin's sword?

Martin
Martin II
Luke
Badrang
Deadbrush
Matthias
Mattimeo
Samkin
Mokkan
Rakkety Tam
Bragoon
Sister Armel
Triss
Dandin
Dannflor
King Bull Sparra
Asmodeus
Arven
Vizka Longtooth
Magger
Deyna

Muse

By wielder, I mean anyone who had possesion of it for a while or used it, baddies and good. If I made a mistake I'll edit. please choose your first, second, and third choices.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Muse

By Muse

James Gryphon

In terms of skill, I'd say Martin (at the end of Mossflower, and in Legend of Luke), Matthias (in Mattimeo), and Rakkety Tam.

I think these three are the most experienced of all the swordwielders, and have the most feats performed (which are valuable when evaluating heroes).

Luke comes in narrowly behind because he's basically equivalent to Martin at the beginning of Mossflower. I suppose you could put Deyna in too -- I wouldn't rank him as high as the top three, but he might be as good as Luke, skill-wise. Then all of the others who have less feats or less experience that we hear about, like Mattimeo, Martin II, etc. come after.
« Subject to editing »

Skalrag of Marshank

I personally think Martin is the best wielder.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwall Musician

What about Triss, Horty, Abbess Fenna, Dandin, And Dannflo? They all wielded the sword.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Dotti

Martin, Rakkety Tam, and Luke.  I really like the sword play that Martin does in TLOL.  I wish I could have seen it.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

DanielofRedwall

Martin the Warrior, Matthias and Rakkety Tam. They were all great.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

I chose Martin - the sword was made for him, after all! I also chose Rakkety Tam, purely because I like him. He also had some skill with a sword beforehand, which gives him more points in my book. I like him because he wasn't one of those beasts who picked up the sword and almost magically gained master swordsmanship powers.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Lily on September 23, 2011, 02:33:00 PM
I chose Martin - the sword was made for him, after all!

Yeah, who said anyone else could use it?!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Martin the Warrioir, obviously. It WAS his sword, after all. Second best would be Luke, because he was the first wielder of the Sword, as far as we know.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Muse

Skalrag- Abbes Fenna and Horty used it once only for a short time. I meant more like owners or users for an entire battle, not just on incident. I'll edit the others in though

Daniel of Redwall I agree with you about Rakkety Tam. A few people who had never used weapons before suddenly became amazing at it. However, the sword of Martin, i think, is supposed to represent his spirit, which becomes part of the weilder, giving them his fighting ablilties. Quite a few times, wielders comment on the fact that the sword is like no other when congragulated for master swordplay, as if it affected their style.

And why has no one voted for Bragoon? He's the best!
By Muse

Muse

Oops sorry I meant redwall musician in my first part. Sorry Skalrag
By Muse

Redwall Musician

Muse, please don't double post. Edit or modify your original post.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Muse

By Muse

Muse

Btw,Nightdire, I think in Legend of Luke Luke says something about his father handing him down the sword. We have no idea how old the sword is.
By Muse