Yes
8 (13.8%)
No
31 (53.4%)
Sort of
19 (32.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Dannflower Reguba

Assuming plot device instead of Sue (which has a much better case as well), I don't think that would make her a bad character so much as an unfortunate one. Not accusing you of claiming she was bad btw, just covering some of the important points along the way. Really sucks honestly, because there's undeniably a certain level of her just being pulled in to be the emotional jab, but even though she got shoehorned, she was fun. I really wish we could have seen more of her, I feel a lot of characters around Martin got thrown under the bus a bit (obvious exception being Gonff, who feels like he got more page time than even Cregga who was alive in three(?) different books).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Sailears

I agree with the thought that Rose was there to support Martin's development and why he ends up the way he does.

But on her own as a character, not enough to go on - seemed as normal as any other beast.

Rakkety Tam on the other hand... xD
My ears, how are you, wot!

Scott McLamok

Rakkety Tam had a lot of plot armor!
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

clunylooney

I think most redwall heroes have some sue-ish traits, but I understand why and don't really mind. I can still like sues (except when they are Trisscar Swordmaid).
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Scott McLamok

Even though Rakkety Tam is kinda sueish I still like him! Just look at my name!
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.