News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Over-Father

Started by LT Sandpaw, January 25, 2016, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

"I probably wasn't here when you were last here sir. I just arrived two day ago. The High Rhulain brought me here, and Captain Serene. Saved me, I think. They're very beautiful aren't they." Glimmer stopped on the threshold to Adamo's room. She was supposed to make sure everything was in order, however that left her completely as she stared up at Adamo happily.

"What's your daughter's name again? Is she beautiful too? What does she look like?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few otter servants traveled back and forth from the castle loaded down with their assortment of items. Food, tents, blankets, and other essentials. Bart directed the construction of the camp site not sure whether it was long term or not. In a short time the crew had gathered around on the surprisingly comfortable grass resting after the day's heavy work.

"Your announcement Cap'n" Bart reminded as the last crew member, a lanky weasel, took his seat.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Taking her time Breeia crossed the palace grounds enjoying he soft grass between her footclaws. It was certainly a pleasant evening. Looking around she noted the crew a short distance away, though she couldn't make out what they were saying. She continued looking around waiting for Serene and Aaron to show up.

OOC: Hey Sage don't worry to much about responding to Breeia, if its okay with you I'll play him just enough to show he's still there. You of course can jump in at any time to retake control.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

OOC: I'll post again later with some IC content, right now I'm not up to a long lost. However, in cases of my absence, you can RP Aaron and Cadby can just hang out in his camp.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

Cadby leapt up to a convenient nearby rock, sweeping his gaze across his assembled crew. "Listen, mates, it's been a hard day. We lost our ship, lost our luck, and now we're stranded on an island amidst otters." The fox grinned. "But, we can make the best of it. Griddil, take four others and gather any spare canvas used for the raft. Pile it in the middle. You five," he said, pointing to a group of seafaring mole. "Shore up some hills. We want a nice cozy defensive perimeter so fanatic otters don't come in and kill us. The rest of you, find some nice straight, firm sticks and pile them next to the canvas. A piece of canvas and two sticks for every two beasts, nobeast likes getting rained on. Come on, get to work! Bart, come over here."

Groddil

Adamo sighed.
"She was. Alana was her name, even prettier than my poor wife. I never should have run off and left her, now she's probably been murdered as well. I swear on the Dark Forest's gates, if I catch that Over-Follower scum that killed my wife..."
The sea otter stopped and shook his head.
"You should go, I don't feel well."

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  Sage, you keep using Groddil as a character name. :P
BIC:

Serene stepped out onto the lawns, looking around for the Queen.  Ah.  There she was.  Taking her time, Serene walked over, keeping an eye out for Aaron.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Groddil

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on February 13, 2016, 04:28:48 PM
BIC:

Serene stepped out onto the lawns, looking around for the Queen.  Ah.  There she was.  Taking her time, Serene walked over, keeping an eye out for Aaron.

OOC: Its Giddil.

Hickory

Quote from: Groddil on February 13, 2016, 09:01:59 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on February 13, 2016, 04:28:48 PM
BIC:

OOC: Its Giddil.
OOC: No, it's Griddil. With an r.

Hickory

OOC: DP because otterguards!

BIC: Watching Serene emerge from the palace, Aaron strode over to her. "Hello, Captain. I guess that we're to commence the talk that Her Majesty requested?"

LT Sandpaw

Seeing the two Otterguards approach Breeia made her way towards them. She adjusted her coronet slightly trying to keep it straight. She felt better, but worry clawed at her stomach as she thought of what the Jade and his Over-Followers might do next. While Jade himself seemed to respect her rank, clearly some of the Over-Followers didn't respect his policy of non-violence. Something that needed to be fixed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bart, having just sat down stood back up walking over to Cadby's side. Giving a quick salute the mouse stared up at the fox captain.

"Aye Cap'n?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Should I get the healer. Green Isle has some of the best healers. I think I know where she is." Glimmer chattered as she moved towards the door, "If its a headache I could get some of those herbal drinks, the cook says they are her specialty and clear up headaches faster then a hare eats." Glimmer stopped thinking about what she had said.

"Hm I've never seen a hare eat. I guess they eat pretty fast. Least that's what the elders say."

OOC: Hey Jukka can you move Morgen to do his task that night or the next morning as Jade begins his plan? I'll leave it up to you to decide how he accomplishes it.

Groddil

Adamo smiled slightly.
"They do, faster'n anythin' I've ever seen. And no, I'll be fine. I just need some time alone."

Hickory

Cadby clapped Bart on the shoulder, taking the mouse along with him to one of the steep rock walls surrounding part of the lawn, he spoke in an undertone. "Listen here. We all know that this island isn't exactly the most hospitable of places. We have a fair amount of what creatures like otters consider "vermin" in our crew: weasels, stoats, ferrets, rats. Me," he added as an afterthought. "So we're not exactly on good terms with the Queen, even though we've just met.

"So, if'n I end up getting killed by otters, then I'm appointing you as standing captain. I know that it's a big thing t' realize, but you've been my strong right paw for quite a few seasons now, and you showed your worth aboard the sinking boat."

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Sagetip on February 13, 2016, 09:22:08 PM
OOC: No, it's Griddil. With an r.
Okay, I'm totally lost.  What?  I don't see any character named that in the OOC thread.
BIC:

Morgen was nearing the palace, wondering what the best way was to kidnap an ottermaid.  He had a vague notion of waiting and scoping out the place for a bit beforehand, but beyond that he was woefully unprepared.
---------------------
"Oh, there you are," Serene said to Aaron, and then nodded in reply to his question.  They were right by the Queen by now.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Groddil

OOC: @Sandpaw: You should probably make glimmer stick around Adamo for a bit longer while Morgen tries to kidnap her.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: @Groddil Yeah that was my plan actually. :D @Jukka the Sling Sage's character Griddil is a NPC like Webbkir. I think so anyway.

BIC:

"Yes sir I'll make sure no beast disturbs you." Glimmer said pulling the curtains shut and walking over to the door. "Then I'll bring you up some of the herbal drink. Its really good. Oh wait you've seen hares? What are they like, I've never seen anybeast other then otters and birds. I've seen lots of birds, big ones, honking ones. My favorite are the big black ones that dive into the water. What's your favorite?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bart's eyes doubled in size as the mouse considered this possibility. He had never been bothered by the woodlander vermin peramiters simply because he had known Cadby for so long. While it couldn't be argued the fox was the most pleasant of creature he had never let his crew down.

"They'll 'ave to kill me too 'afore they get to you Cap'n." Bart said loudly forgetting the captain was trying to keep the conversation private. A few of the crew cheered at the statement but went back to their personal tasks not really noticing what the comment might have implied..

"Ahem er sorry Cap'n, I'd be honored." Bart said in a quieter voice.

~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you for coming Captain Serene, Otterguard Aaron." Breeia stopped taking a breath before plunging on.
"I am no military leader, I might be the warrior queen of Green Isle but I have never been in a real battle or conflict, and quite frankly neither have you two. We're woefully underprepared and I have no idea how to go about dealing with Jade. He seems passive for now but...." She stalled looking from one to the other clearly nervous.
"If he looses control of his followers, they may attack us. I don't know who the clans will back. Now there is something my mother always told me, 'know your opponent' but I'm not sure how to go about learning things about Jade and the Over-Followers. You two are my senior Otterguard, some of the best warriors on this Island. I need your help."

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  Oh.  Okay...
BIC:

Serene nodded quietly while the Queen was speaking.  Inwardly she was breathing a sigh of relief that the Queen shared her firmly-held belief that the Over-Followers were going to prove a greater threat than they might have at first appeared.

"Whatever you need us to do, my lady, we're ready.  Just say the word."