News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

5-Year Forum Anniversary

Started by Skyblade, June 27, 2016, 12:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

An idea from Fiver's Honeycomb (See, James, I do bring stuff from there :P)

Come to think of it, I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this already.

Redwall Abbey Forum was created in June 2011. Five years later, it still stands. O...kay, so the forum itself doesn't stand ;) But its members have kept the spirit alive, and that's what counts.

Let's celebrate five years of longetivity!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

I know, right? ;D And to think I've been here for exactly four of them (I joined in June 2012). I've watched the naming of 16 seasons. Front Lawns wasn't a thing when I registered.

This forum has changed, but I'm happy you all have found your way here.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Damn! I'd hoped it'd stay dead.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

Wow, five years? That's pretty cool, seeing as how much has changed and how many lives it has changed. Even if it's not the original one, the forum itself is the people, not the site. As long as we are still here, then the forum is still. Here's to another five years!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

Man, how did I forget our anniversary? D:  Here's to many more fun years together!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

Congratulations to everyone, especially those who remember the old days of the Redwall forum. The community that has been built has grown into a family. Like all families, we've had our ups and downs. But that's what we are.  We persevere, despite the problems. We're here at Loamhedge, for the foreseeable future. It's thanks to the Staff, and to the thanks of the members as well.
I'm sure that the Redwall family will have another fantastic 5 years. Congratulations everyone! :)

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Soren, you just won't leave will you?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

But on a more serious note, AWESOME!!!!! The forum will never die as long as I live! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Leatho Shellhound

Wow, I feel old... very old.

This has been a huge part of my life, and helped me in so many ways! Thanks to you lads and lassies, wot!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs

Wow. Five years.
This community has seen some downhill slides and gone through some tough times. I want to thank everyone in the community who helped to keep it alive for all these years, from those who are actually taking part in important things like forum upkeep and news, to the least active member who has at least made the effort to find this place of the Redwall series.
May this community see through more years with smooth transition.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

DanielofRedwall

Oh gosh, five years. That can't be right. I was twelve when I registered? Crazy. :P I've seen so much change on this forum and I'm so happy with how it's developed. Sure, there are many names we all miss, but so many other new(er) members too. Glad it's survived this long, it's truly a testament to how great this community is. :)
Received mostly negative reviews.

W0NWILL

I must've been eleven, wow. Because I think it was a year or two old when I joined(I think that was in June or July as well!), and I know it wasn't when I was twelve because I have reliable internet dates that tell me I was on another forum when I was twelve, and this was my first forum, and my first foray into the internet at large.

I wasn't really around for a year or two there, and I never got to know many of the faces we see around today, but I'm really glad that there's still some people I remember from my first months on the forums around, and new friends to make as well. It's hard to put into words, what I'm trying to say, but this place will hold a very special position in my mind for a long time.

Firehawke

The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Banya

Five years is incredible. Five years since the last Redwall book was released. Five years that fans of the series have kept it from existing only in our childhoods. I've been here for a year and half and it's impacted my life in ways I couldn't have imagined that night I was putting off a paper, stumbled across the forum, joined, and immediately double-posted and was gently corrected. And it isn't the site that's affected me so strongly; it's the friends we have here. I'm so glad to know each of you and learn from you. Hearing about British/EU news from Jet and Rachel's perspective, or other religions from those who hold their respective beliefs, or concerns about social issues from those who weren't raised exactly as I was, is invaluable. I've been opened to ideas about both the Redwall books and world/religious/social relations that I hadn't ever explored, considered, or been offered input on. I was even asked to prom. I enjoy hearing your thoughts and about your lives, and I look forward to future years with you all. You're all important to me.

The Skarzs

I'm glad we're such a good community; it's a rare thing nowadays on the internet. I hope we can strive to keep it that way.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.