News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Doctor Who (Doo wee wooo)

Started by Edraithel, October 09, 2016, 06:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Und Major! More zan one Companion! Und tiz nae juzt a young girl (Nay offence tae any), vhich Ah believe vaz a complaint ye made aboot ze previouz zeriez, Jet. Und viz a female Doctor, na' zey need tae bring Missy back und zhe und Ze Doctor can cackle togezer. Zad vid be a memorable zcene!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

Multiple companions is a step in the right direction, but I'd still prefer an alien or a robot or something.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ze firzt vone, Aye, ze zecond vone, Nyet.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Cornflower MM

I would also love to see a companion that isn't human. Anyone remember Handles, the cyber head 11 had for a hot second?

Jetthebinturong

Handles is technically the longest-running companion the Doctor ever had. He was with him for three hundred years.

Cornflower MM

Very true, Mr. Technical. :P I did really like Handles, though.

The Skarzs

We didn't get to see much of him, which is a shame.

How about a Zygon? ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

I think if we have another zygon episode before series 12, they'll start to feel overused. I already have dalek and cybermen fatigue, I don't want to not want to see another alien.

Anyway, NEW TRAILER!

It looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm dreading the spider episode though.

The last shot of the trailer is my favourite though, and it speaks to me a lot. I feel like it's from the finale and she may be leaving someone to die, who she doesn't want to. Maybe a companion making a heroic sacrifice, or an enemy she admires. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah 'adnae zeen ziz trailer. It lookz intereztin'! Ah preordered Zeriez 11 on Amazon a couple o' dayz agae. Na' ze infernal vait fer it tae come oot! (Und o' courze zey're gaein' tae come oot viz Partz 1 und 2 fer it vell afore ze complete zeriez comez oot...)

May'apz zey'll bring back ze Adipose...or ze Veepin' Angelz....or boz! Or Adipose Angelz, or Veepin' Adipose..Ach... Ze trailer fer epizode vone lookz major zough!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jarky Thistlebrush

I watched two episodes of Doctor Who last night.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Jetthebinturong

The first two?

1963 or 2005 version?

Jarky Thistlebrush

Not the first two. They were David Tenant ones.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Jetthebinturong

I loved the new episode. It was such a massive improvement over series 11. Jodie feels so much more natural in the role, the writing was brilliant, and the story is just so interesting.

MASSIVE SPOILER

No really, a massive spoiler

If you haven't seen the episode, you DO NOT want to read this

I really love Dhawan's Master already. He's psychotic, but suave at the same time, and he's so sinister, and the RAGE, UGH HE WAS GOOD. I knew O was the villain right from his introduction, but I never guessed he would be the Master. I hope he's not a post-Missy incarnation, 'cause as far as I'm concerned, Missy was the last ever Master, and her death there was permanent. It would be such a character regression if the Master's gone back to being totally immoral. I hope this Master is between Simm and Gomez. But honestly, between Roberts and Jacobi seems more likely. Which would also be fine.
[close]
[close]
[close]

I can't wait to see where part 2 goes.

Jetthebinturong

So I saw the latest episode.

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT???

MASSIVE SPOILERS AGAIN

So Ruth is the Doctor? A previous version of the Doctor that we've never seen before. She was on the run and in hiding FROM THE TIME LORDS who were going to EXECUTE HER. WHAT IS GOING ON? She can't be pre-Hartnell, because the TARDIS is a police box, which only happened after An Unearthly Child. She could be between Troughton and Pertwee, as we never saw that regeneration, but that wouldn't explain why the Time Lords want to execute her. She could be an alternate universe version of the Doctor, but I don't feel that would fit with the series arc.
Obviously this Ruth-Doctor has to have something to do with the Timeless Child arc. Which deals with Gallifrey's ancient history. Are we doing something with Looms? I'm confused, and excited to see where this goes.
I honestly love Jo Martin as the Doctor though (especially her outfit, it's totally what Jodie's should've been), so I'll be a bit disappointed if they've just completely wasted her for this one series and then we'll never see her again.
[close]