OOC: Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 07, 2017, 11:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

With all due respect, Skarzs, this is your RP. Where do you want to take it from here? The beginning of the ending? Want to wait a bit more and do other things first? A fight? Rowan and Elijah figuring out an attack plan? What do you think we need to do next?

Dannflower Reguba

First, I'd advise that we slow down for a second. I know I want to see this RP turn out well, and I'm pretty willing to bet that we all feel a bit stressed over some portion or other. It may be wise to simply discuss one aspect or problem at a time so we can all get our bearings.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

I was talking with Dan, and he said I should probably let you guys know.

I'm frustrated here. I'm drawn too thin controlling four out of seven played characters in this roleplay, and most of them have to be the decision makers. Not only that, but having Hacklaw and Rallowan interact is boring because it's only me dictating a bunch of words. Then I will have to do that between Hacklaw and Darrin, Hacklaw and Elijah, Elijah and Darrin. . . It's stupid. The idea I liked was Sand's idea, and he left it to me along with the major villain. Great. Groddil is gone, and now I have to control Elijah too. My ideas are dried up. I'm grasping at air here. You are all waiting for me to do something and I don't have the motivation to do it all. It's my fault, and I'm sorry, but if we want to continue, I need help. Maybe I'm being selfish. Maybe I'm just a complete imbecile who procrastinates and can't take responsibility. Probably wrong in thinking I need help.
What do I do? Skip completely over anything that happens between Hacklaw and Rallowan? Continue with Darrin in no particular direction? Force Elijah and the Redwallers after Darrin with a plan that's obviously not going to work and won't be enjoyable to play with? Suddenly change plans? I can't go back over what was already written. I've got nothing else.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

From my past experiences with roleplaying, Skarzs, there's absolutely no fun in trying to stick so hard to a plan.

Yes, we're trying to write a story, but the "fun" aspect of it matters in the story being good (and in us wanting to continue it).
And you're right. You shouldn't have to control all of that, and I'd cut out half of it if I were you, replacing it with occasional posts showing the progress Hacklaw is making in tracking them.

Now, let's backtrack a little. Back to the "plan" thing.

Roleplays always tend to work out better when there's a loose goal for an ending, and everything else is character-driven. Posts don't need to be huge or extremely detailed or always cause some sort of "event" to move things along, as long as they provide something.

Just let the characters live and breathe and banter! Take things lightly! And don't call yourself an imbecile, 'cause you aren't!

So, what do I say?
-Step back a little. Let things flow. Loosen up and don't worry about the big picture. (And remember that. Don't worry. Don't worry. Don't worry.)
-Kill off or have some of the characters that are stressing you out go "MIA" (like Elijah, or whoever else. Does he have a role? Sure, but do we need him? Nah. Unless you actually have ideas for and WANT your extra characters around, get rid of them. Even if you're not comfortable with killing them *like if it's someone else's character and you'd be concerned in case they come back*, they can fall down a hole or something.)
-PM me and we can talk more if you wish.

Dannflower Reguba

I'd say it's been a pretty reasonable time since we last addressed this RP, kinda wondering where everyone's at 'cuz I'd really like to get this one rolling again if possible. So first off, Skarz, you have enough break time to get any ideas? I must admit, I'm a little short of them myself as far as the problems we've got (outside of ignoring characters that aren't in active play as I've already mentioned to you). I'd like to avoid burning anyone out if possible. Secondly, the Redwall group, seriously, we need to find something for y'all to do  :D Finally, is Ashleg still around? @Ashleg

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Just came up with an idea. Let me know what you guys think.

Rallowan's group will split; they're sick of going on a wild goose chase. Rallowan is all but left by himself. The vermin that head back will meet Hacklaw, who sends them, along with a good portion of his own group, back to Redwall. The size of the enemies will be much smaller then.
After that, the Redwall group has a few directions it could go: It meets Rallowan, and Elijah dies, while others escape, or maybe get captured to plan their escape later. It meets Darrin's group, and they try to talk it out before Rallowan or Hacklaw arrive and throw it all into chaos. Or even then, Twisty and Raleigh can be long gone by the time the Redwallers arrive, and go off after them. . .
Ah, that may work out best.
Elijah and co. find Darrin, but no Raleigh or sword. They go off. Rallowan finds Darrin at the same time as Hacklaw: chaos ensues. Darrin escapes, joining the Redwallers, safety in numbers sort of thing. Rallowan can terrorize Hacklaw, dwindling their numbers into a manageable size as he tracks Darrin. The Redwallers find Raleigh, Darrin wants to leave, and then. . . Something. That's the extent of my ideas.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Ooooooh I like that last idea of the Redwall group finding Darrin's group and Twisty and Raleigh being gone and Hacklaw and Rallowan finding Darrin soon afte and him catching up with the Redwallers. That opens up a few opportunities for us. It could also draw the RP out for a while, though, and I don't know if y'all want to wrap this up quickly or play around a little more.

The Skarzs

Looks like we might go on for a few more pages at least. ;)

Ashleg hasn't been on for a while.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 18, 2019, 04:08:23 AM
Ooooooh I like that last idea of the Redwall group finding Darrin's group and Twisty and Raleigh being gone and Hacklaw and Rallowan finding Darrin soon afte and him catching up with the Redwallers. That opens up a few opportunities for us. It could also draw the RP out for a while, though, and I don't know if y'all want to wrap this up quickly or play around a little more.

Agreed.

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 18, 2019, 05:03:50 PM
Looks like we might go on for a few more pages at least. ;)

Ashleg hasn't been on for a while.

Yeeeeeeeeeah. If we're doing this, I'll come around. Otherwise, I'm kind of gone from the forum.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Mkay.

If it gets to a point where you're waiting on me, tell Rosie or Tumbler to message me on Discord about it.

The Skarzs

@Ashleg, I got you something to do.

@Rosie Willowwater or @321tumbler if you could let Ashleg know we're ready for him in Undecided, I would appreciate it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Awesoooome, so what's the plan Skarz? I know you posted an idea a bit further up, but I don't think we ever really settled on something. Personal notes, if Twisty were to separate from the main group, Raleigh would be just as likely to bolt. Weird as it may sound, she feels, in some ways, safer with the larger number around then being alone with Twisty (mind you, in some ways, not all). Her goal is to decrease the chance of Twisty losing his paw or dying as a result of infection and further stress, once that's been done, she'll try to run on her own (one of the reasons she's been pushing to look at the paw properly again). Mind you, I'm still not entirely set on how she would react to this situation (she certainly wouldn't be willing on short notice, so Twisty'd have to be physical about it again), I'm just trying to see what the alternatives have to offer.

EDIT: Oh...... Well, I guess we're waiting for Ashleg now.  :D Skarz, once Ashleg posts, wait for me to either post, or say something in the OOC:. Depending on how Twisty responds, I might do something, gonna have to wait and see though.

The Skarzs

I'm gonna try to stick with the plan I said before. I get the feeling Twisty will have had enough at this point, and even if he can't force Raleigh along with him, he would probably chase her down.

Sorry for not giving anything for you to do, Corn. It won't be long.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Oh you're fine, I've been quiet in all my RPs because I was waiting for my name to be changed back from Kreg_ and it's recital week, I'm not really gonna be around much for a bit. So you guys can take as much time as you want (within reason lol).