They Thought Redwall was Safe! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part 3!)

Started by Ashleg, February 24, 2017, 11:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Ashleg

OOC-
You want to start it?
That way, Maxy can wake up and overhear them talking about Redwall again.

The Skarzs

Morning came, misty and gray. Fog hung in the air, oppressive, clinging, and muffling. Bird chirps, though probably close, sounded distant and faint. The sunlight came not as a source of yellow heat, but only a silver glow from the east.
  Afagon shivered, then sat up. The fire was out, completely. Not even a wisp of smoke trailed from the dead coals.
  He grimaced, then looked around. There was Oriff, a short ways off, sleeping. The otter stood up and pulled Oriff's spear from his paws, pulling his ear.
  "Owowow!" cried Oriff.
  "You fell asleep again, you little fool!" said Afagon in exasperation. "That's happened too many times."
  "Sorry, After," muttered Oriff, rubbing his ear. Then he perked up. "Hey, at least we're not too far from Redwall, right? We can have a warm meal there."
  "Right. If we can find it through this fog. Cold fog, might I add."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Maxy awoke with a more peaceful disposition, although the cold was what really set into his fur. He blinked as he came to, and sat up to rub tiredly at his eyes.
Fastooth slumbered beside him still, but Orfeo and Afagon were up.
"Redwall?" echoed the young squirrel through a cloudy yawn. "I'm from Redwall..."

The Skarzs

"You are?" asked Oriff and Afagon in sync.
  "Well then, do you think you can help us find our way there through this fog?" the otter asked. "We don't know where to go from here. . ."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"I can try," Maxy stated. "But I've only been out once before. I've no idea where I am...." But I have to get back there. I have to talk to Bracklew and Rappy about my dream or else it will haunt me forever.
"Fastooth's a wanderer, maybe he knows?" the squirrel asked, gazing at his rat friend and nudging him.

LT Sandpaw

"Sure can," Fastooth assured shaking water droplets from his fur. "I know th' local woodlands north o' this river like th' back o' me paw. Jus' one likkle problem wit' that. We're on th' south side o' this river an' I don' know any way to get back across."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

"Do you?" asked Maxy, glancing at his acquaintances.
"You had to get here somehow."

The Skarzs

"We came from the southern part," said Afagon. "Oriff had a similar concern. I can swim across, but wouldn't be able to carry anyone else."
  "That was my idea," said Oriff with a grin. "That way I wouldn't have to get wet! But Af is a real stick in the mud."
  The otter ignored Oriff's comments. "I suppose we could find a wide place we can cross, unless you all want to take another dip in the water."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

"That would be, erm, preferably avoided." Fastooth advised, recalling his and Maxy's last trip down the river. The rat thought for a moment before an idea popped into his head. "I heard there be ferry beasts on these waters who ship anyone across long as they pay. Some duffer ol' vole wothaveye. An' I'm sure there could be more'n one. We ought jus' trek eastbound on th' riverbank a touch an' 'ope we come across somebeast willin'."

Ashleg

"Good idea!" Maxy agreed. Fastooth was smart, and although he got into a lot of scrapes, Maxy was glad to have him on his side. "I wonder what we'd use to pay them. I only have my weapon, and I certainly can't afford to give that up."

The Skarzs

"Food? Weapons?" Oriff rubbed his chin. "Y'know, it might've been better to keep that medal we traded a while back. . . I don't have any other paraphernalia now!"
  "We'll figure out what to give them when we get there," suggested Afagon. "We might find a fjord before then anyways."

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

OOC:
Bloop

Heh :P

[close]

IC:

Sniggering a little Fastooth cracked his knuckles, waving away the other's concerns. "Mayhap a ferrybeast'll jus' ship us across out o' th' goodness o' his heart. Yer an' Abbeybeast after all. They'll be beggin' fer ye to set paw on their humble rafts, I guarantee it."

Ashleg

OOC-
Nice, Snad.
IC-
"They will?" Maxy asked, unsure they would be so fond of him. "Alright. Well, let's see what we can find." He started walking, turning and staring at the others with a bored face. "Come on, and no knocking Fastooth into the water."

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.