News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Phobias

Started by Matthias720, October 27, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Lily on November 01, 2011, 01:15:23 AM
Also, like a lot of you, I really dislike creepy-crawlies in general. I was kayaking in Cambodia and all these... things... started crawling in to the kayak and onto my legs, and I had a little freak out. I didn't end up in the water, thank goodness!

I also share your social paranoia, James.
You've been to Cambodia? That's where I live! Which part did you go to?
And back on topic...I have this weird phobia of people who get emotional when singing worship songs or praying. Before you guys start jumping on me, just know that I'm naturally sensitive. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 01, 2011, 06:10:30 AM
...I have this weird phobia of people who get emotional when singing worship songs or praying. Before you guys start jumping on me, just know that I'm naturally sensitive. ;)

That kinda bothers me, too. I'm really paranoid about stuff like that. :-[
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

I have clownaphobia, if there is such a thing.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

James Gryphon

That fear's been called "coulrophobia", by some -- and it is actually relatively common. Someone I know very well has such a fear, and in fact, Wikipedia states that a study conducted by the University of Sheffield showed that children almost universally hate clowns.

So you're not at all alone in that fear. I'm not afraid of clowns myself, but I admit I'm not comfortable with them either.
« Subject to editing »

Mad Maudie

Spiders! and all bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Sunflashtheawesome

Aye, Id have to say my biggest fear would be scorpions, those are pretty bad.
Eulllaaaallliiaaaa!!!!

Mad Maudie

Love the name sunflash
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Sunflashtheawesome on November 03, 2011, 03:14:10 PM
Aye, Id have to say my biggest fear would be scorpions, those are pretty bad.
I trod on one once. Don't ask. :-\ :'(
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

I don't think I'd even want to be in the same room as a scorpion, much less getting close enough to step on one.  :-\
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 31, 2011, 11:55:26 PM
I've been obsessive-compulsive about germs and handwashing for probably over a decade now. If my hands feel at all dirty, I'll almost invariably end up washing them -- add that in with some other psychological issues, and I can end up cleaning them dozens of times in a day -- and most of the time they're not even actually dirty.
James, that sounds sort of similar to me, although not to the same extent (I'm not obsessive-compulsive with it). I too wash my hands a lot, even when they aren't even dirty. I even get a bit panicked when there is no soap left, or none at a public toilet. Unfortunately, I have sensitive skin, so the soap isn't too good for my hands.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Coobreedan

I used to be afraid of buttons, but not any more. I am now scared of adders thanks to Brian Jacques. Oh, and I have always been afraid of pythons. One was staring at me in the zoo before and I was staring at it too...
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

I am terrified of clowns. On Halloween night I saw someone dressed up as an evil clown....holding a bloody chainsaw. I screamed and dove under the car chair. Why do some parents let their kids dress up like that??
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Blademaster

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 01, 2011, 06:10:30 AM
Quote from: Lily on November 01, 2011, 01:15:23 AM
Also, like a lot of you, I really dislike creepy-crawlies in general. I was kayaking in Cambodia and all these... things... started crawling in to the kayak and onto my legs, and I had a little freak out. I didn't end up in the water, thank goodness!

I also share your social paranoia, James.
You've been to Cambodia? That's where I live! Which part did you go to?
And back on topic...I have this weird phobia of people who get emotional when singing worship songs or praying. Before you guys start jumping on me, just know that I'm naturally sensitive. ;)
I third that notion
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Nightfire on November 05, 2011, 07:30:26 PM
I am terrified of clowns. On Halloween night I saw someone dressed up as an evil clown....holding a bloody chainsaw. I screamed and dove under the car chair. Why do some parents let their kids dress up like that??
Because they're phsychotic. ::) One of the reasons why my family doesn't celebrate Halloween. My mother says it's a time when people act STUPID, and I agree with her.
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Nightfire on November 05, 2011, 07:30:26 PM
I don't like clowns either...
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.