Netflix has the Redwall rights

Started by LordTBT, February 10, 2021, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Looking forward to it, nice to see it's being handled by a childhood reader

Gourmand

Hopefully it actually turns out well. I'd much rather fans create something independently than a corporation fund something, but at least perhaps it will bring more fans to Redwall, which would be nice.

Tungro

Quote from: Gourmand on April 12, 2021, 10:55:30 PM
I'd much rather fans create something independently than a corporation fund something
I disagree, everyone has their own headcanon, and from what I've seen I'd much rather have an organized structure with a company that can readily contribute vast resources. Not being handled lightly either, from the concept art and hearing about the writer they are staying relatively true to the tale

TorillWenche

Netflix takes rights to 'Redwall' book series, preps both TV & film projects. Netflix has acquired the rights to English author Brian Jacques' Redwall fantasy series for TV and film adaptation, following a deal with publisher Penguin Random House.

Dylan Reguba

Sad to say, but since Fox adapted Voyage of the Dawn Treader my expectations are low. They made the characters far too modern, not recognizable as the ones Lewis wrote, and added a generic "quest for the seven swords".

Then there was Martin the Warrior in cartoon form. While it mostly stuck to the original plot, there was no reason to turn Pallum into a nervous female. Can you say "political correctness"? I knew you could.
"I am called Reguba, as was my father before me. When danger threatens and you have to face the foebeast, then you will know you are Reguba, bravest of the brave!"
Rusvul

Tungro

Quote from: Dylan Reguba on August 13, 2021, 05:10:23 PM
Sad to say, but since Fox adapted Voyage of the Dawn Treader my expectations are low. They made the characters far too modern, not recognizable as the ones Lewis wrote, and added a generic "quest for the seven swords".
I wasn't aware of that, but now that I am, safe to say my expectations have lowered

Quote from: Dylan Reguba on August 13, 2021, 05:10:23 PM
Then there was Martin the Warrior in cartoon form. While it mostly stuck to the original plot, there was no reason to turn Pallum into a nervous female. Can you say "political correctness"? I knew you could.
I feel like it had less to do with 'political correctness' and more with just adding variety - a stuttering and wholly unreliable female character would do little to further any feminist cause

Tungro

WorshipTiria

I don't know how well it would turn out, but I'd watch it.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

WorshipTiria

I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Tungro

I'm definitely excited to see where it'll go, even if it's not exactly ideal I think it would still be cool