Best Redwall Battles

Started by Log-a-Log, May 30, 2012, 01:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

I'm pretty sure I didn't see a topic like this around. Some of the battles in the books are really awesome, like the one in the Long Patrol. But I just re-read the Bellmaker and I think the battle at the end is very underrated. It is epic
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Redwallfan7

I have more than one favorite, if I had to choose, though, it would be the battles in Mossflower and Pear
S of Lutra
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Skipper

I love the long patrol battle and the mossflower battle.

Flandor

The Battle of the Ridge of a Thousand for sure.

Also, Lord Brocktree? Jam packed with epic battles.

Also Marshank, and I really enjoyed the final battle of Mattimeo. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

DanielofRedwall

I love the end battle of Lord Brocktree. I love how Ungatt actually managed to succeed in taking over Salamandastron for a brief period. It was one of the few battles where there seemed to be any real threat to the good characters.

As mentioned, the Battle of the Ridge of a Thousand from The Long Patrol is another awesome one. Cregga going berserk was pretty cool.

The Fur and Freedom Fighters battle against Marshank in Martin the Warrior is another great one. It's so heroic and brave, and the ending always manages to tear me up.

The Battle of Mossflower is another great one. I loved the tactics employed by the Corim, with the ballistas. And the end duel between Martin and Tsarmina, well...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Flandor

The bit with the last javelins at Marshank just... it gets me every time.  It's up there with Lord Stonepaw and Big Oxeye in terms of bravery.  They were just performers and slaves and they faced their inevitable deaths with the dignity and bravery of trained soldiers.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

rakkety tam

mossflower and the bellmaker battles are my favs
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Redwallfan7

Again, as I said before, I have several favorites. With the Redwall series, I don't think you can pick just one.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Marlfox.... But there was no battle you say? Your practically right, though there was a slight one, and that is along with why I like it... very few died, the vermin (only water rats in this case) all became farmers! It was almost majestic!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 16, 2012, 01:36:24 PM
As mentioned, the Battle of the Ridge of a Thousand from The Long Patrol is another awesome one. Cregga going berserk was pretty cool.
Well, I don't think going berserk is cool, but that battle was pretty amazing.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

I liked the battle at the end of Mariel of Redwall, the one that's TRAG vs. Bladegirt.  The slaves were outnumbered but they fought for freedom and revenge just as well as any Long Patrol hares.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Flandor

That was a good one! I always forget it for some reason. I don't like the bit with the scorpion but I do like the rest of it.  I liked Tan Loc the vole too.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Flandor on June 17, 2012, 11:56:44 AM
That was a good one! I always forget it for some reason. I don't like the bit with the scorpion but I do like the rest of it.  I liked Tan Loc the vole too.
Tan Loc was one of the few voles I actually LIKED.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This