Book Errors (Typos and general mistakes)

Started by Georgiana, August 15, 2012, 01:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 17, 2012, 04:29:13 AM
Quote from: Flandor on August 16, 2012, 09:59:02 PM
There's the infamous misuse of female pronouns for Killconey even though he is a male character, in Redwall.  Brian made mention of it in an interview and said it ought to be fixed but it hasn't been as of the latest editions I've seen.

I used to think Killconey WAS a girl! 
Show did I.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 17, 2012, 04:29:13 AM
Quote from: Flandor on August 16, 2012, 09:59:02 PM
There's the infamous misuse of female pronouns for Killconey even though he is a male character, in Redwall.  Brian made mention of it in an interview and said it ought to be fixed but it hasn't been as of the latest editions I've seen.

That drove me bonkers!  :D :D :D I used to think Killconey WAS a girl!  :D

So Killconey's a guy? It really drives you insane when you get the Audio tape....The voice is one of those that you can't really tell

rachel25

He was Irish! I could tell it was a guy. I always think of Killconey having an Irish accent. It just suits him.

Hickory

Revive.

There's a typo in my copy of Pearls where it says Abbot instead of Friar.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

The Greypatch/Graypatch thing drove me bonkers. To this day I'm still wondering which one is the correct spelling. . .

LT Sandpaw

Some of its not noticeable but in the Pearls of Lutra two mole babes are female, but in the Long Patrol in which they are adults their gender changes and they are male.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Cornflower MM on September 13, 2015, 07:40:06 PM
The Greypatch/Graypatch thing drove me bonkers. To this day I'm still wondering which one is the correct spelling. . .

Considering Jacques was English, it's likely that Greypatch is the correct spelling.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

MeadowR

I've actually found a few in the books but I simply cannot remember them - wish I'd noticed this thread at the time! I'll try and remember them...

I know there was an instance where a character is referred to as another animal and somewhere else a spelling of a name changes I think on the very same page. Pretty vague. :p

Oh yeah, not a mistake as such, but it doesn't fit the continuity: In the US version of some of the books I notice that all the UK spellings have been kept in, yet randomly manoeuvre is spelt the American way 'maneuver'. Why bother to only change that word? :p
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Banya

In Loamhedge, Saro's full name is spelled Sarobando and Sarabando multiple times each, so when I was younger I didn't know which was correct since both fit her nickname.  Redwall Wiki says it's Sarobando, so my mind can rest at last.

The Skarzs

There were a couple misspellings of common words that I found in a couple books, but I don't remember which ones and they were very few.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.