News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Will we ever run out of topics to discuss?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, June 28, 2013, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

I wasn't sure if this should be here, but as it is about Redwall in general, I guess it will do.

I just thought of something: say, 20 years from now, will we ever run out of things about Redwall to talk about? Nearly every day, there is a new topic about Redwall. But is it possible that eventually that everything that can be discussed about Redwall will be discussed to the fullest? What would happen if one day, we ran out of stuff to talk about Redwall?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Tam and Martin

Ungatt Trunn

If that happens, then all we may have to talk about will be about Fan fictions!

Tam and Martin

Ungatt Trunn

CrazyPug37

Some Redwall scholar will probably bring new ideas into the limelight that we never had thought about; so don't think running out of ideas will happen  ;D
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

phoenixfoden

New members=new opinions and veiws=new topics

Buzz_Bumble

If they do a re-print of the books (e.g. XXth anniversayr editions or something) or if someone decides to write a new novel (good or bad), that could bring in new fans and add back life to the forums, but eventually the forum will simply fade out of use. Many of the Star Wars forums (for example) tend to fade out to a handful of core fan users, and then jump back to life a little whenever a new movie / TV series starts up.

Shadowed One

We might get some new members when the game comes out. If we have new members, they will have new ideas and opinions, so we will get new views on old topics.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Lutra

Will we run out?  Time says yes, because there are no new books written, so a finite amount of things to discuss without repetition.  It'll be a while before that happens though because new members always bring new perspectives to old topics.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

Run out? Not before a while. Because, if every character, place, aspect would be explored, it'd take years to do so.

There's over a thousand characters to talk about, lots of tribes, crowds of places, plenty of species, etc.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Lutra on June 29, 2013, 01:22:33 PM
Will we run out?  Time says yes, because there are no new books written, so a finite amount of things to discuss without repetition.  It'll be a while before that happens though because new members always bring new perspectives to old topics.
I'll have to go with that opinion :) I just thought it sounded interesting ;)

Mariel

We will never run out of topics to talk about . Period.End of topic.