News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

A Redwall Winter's Tale.

Started by Nightfire, August 08, 2011, 02:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

What's all of your opinions on A Redwall Winter's Tale? It's centered on the baby Bungo, kinda.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

I haven't read it, really, but I did flip through it at a library once. I recall the art was completely and utterly adorable. This is another book that I really want.  :'(
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Gonff

I liked the art too. Wasn't it done by the same person who did The Great Redwall Feast?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Christopher Denise was the Redwall illustrator that did both, as well as the cookbook.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

Nightfire

Yeah. I looove the art in in, but I also like the storyline. Unlike all other Redwall books, it centers on feasts and friendships, as well as the dibbuns. Such a great book. Unfortunately, I haven't read it in a while. I MUST go to my library and find it!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

I've read it. As mentioned before, the art is amazing!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Mmhmm. What you you guys think about the storyline? I love how it kinda  centers on baby Bungo. :) I think the Redwall world definitely needed more focus on the dibbuns.

Redwall Musician

I read this book. It was soooooo cute. When I read it, made me smile. As for the story line, it was cute too.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Firehawke

I love the art in this book!  Plus the story line is great---I love Baby Bungo!  I think that when I have kids, it will become a tradition to read it at the beginning of each winter.  Until that time, I'll just read it to myself every year.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

DanielofRedwall

^
What a great idea! I'm pretty sure I'd raise my kids on Redwall, but it'll be a long way away!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Osu

Quote from: Firehawke on August 09, 2011, 07:05:44 PM
I love the art in this book!  Plus the story line is great---I love Baby Bungo!  I think that when I have kids, it will become a tradition to read it at the beginning of each winter.  Until that time, I'll just read it to myself every year.

I LOVE this idea. Now I need to get this book just so I can do this! It'd make a great "first day of winter" tradition!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Osu on August 12, 2011, 12:04:17 AM

I LOVE this idea. Now I need to get this book just so I can do this! It'd make a great "first day of winter" tradition!

Yeah. Instead of reading The Night Before Christmas, I'll be reading my kids this Redwall book.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skipper

wow nice idea, i got this book fom the library and as soon as i finished it i wanted to read it again, i wish there was more short storys like it and the pictures in it are amazing

Tannsrall

I had the same Idea when I read it today.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-