Your ideal ending

Started by Jasper, December 18, 2014, 05:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

It's wimpy... for warriors. not abbots or other gentle abbeybeasts.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 05, 2015, 12:53:05 PM

Why?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rusvul

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 05, 2015, 01:27:35 PM

Why?

Warriors are supposed to die fighting, they are born to do that, most Badgers die that way. But Abbeybeats are peaceful, they deserve to die peacefully, without a threat killing them earlier.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 05, 2015, 02:50:23 PM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 05, 2015, 01:27:35 PM

Why?

Warriors are supposed to die fighting, they are born to do that, most Badgers die that way. But Abbeybeats are peaceful, they deserve to die peacefully, without a threat killing them earlier.

What makes you think that? My opinion is that everyone should be able to die a peaceful and happy death.

Søren

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 05, 2015, 02:40:06 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 05, 2015, 02:24:55 PM
You sound like a Klingon.

How do they sound like?
HAHAHAH, if you don't know, Klingons value honor gained from battle above all else. If a Klingon warrior doesn't die in a battle, but rather in his sleep or of old age, it's considered dishonorable to him and his family. This can actually make the other Klingons shun the dishonored family, or at least the one person.
Back on topic, dying in ones sleep is a peaceful way to go, however, "going out with a bang" is good two. I chose dying in sleep because it's painless. Of corse, not dying at all is fairly painless (most of the time ;))

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Getting old can be painful in and of itself. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

I didn't say getting old, just not dying.

I'm retired from the forum

Eulaliaaa!

I'd want to go out fighting or travel and fight more battles. Dying of old age sounds like the worst to me, so is dying peacefully while sleeping but I don't know why.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Sounds a little dull, Of course dying of cramming too much food down your throat must be extremely painful. Much rather be traveling, not so much fighting not a good way to end a story but continuing an adventure for the readers imagination to take over is a really good way to end it.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

That's why I love how BJ always ended a book with an invitation to visit redwall in your imagination.

Machiavellian

I always pictured myself sailing off past the horizon, standing atop a deck with the wind blowing and a roguish grin upon my face, as I head onward in search of further glories.

That, or die bloody alongside my friends and comrades, with a blade in my paw and harsh laughter upon my lips as I accept my fate with open arms- Dying for a worthy cause. Dying for the less fortunate. Dying so that one day a bunch of tubby dibbuns can sit wide-eyed around an oldbeast as he told tales of me and my friends' greatness, of our adventures and our songs and our marches and our laughter, carried upon the breeze, and how we always stood for what was right and died skewered upon some cutlass somewhere far from home so that somebeast else wouldn't have to.
And then they could dab at their eyes and mumble tearfully about how awesome I am.
It's pronounced "Matchavalleeyun".
Nah, just kiddin'.
It's "Macki-velian".