"Rogue Crew" on CD?

Started by Firehawke, September 21, 2011, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawke

I love reading the books, but I also love listening to them on CD.
Has anyone heard whether or not they're going to release Rogue Crew on CD?
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Skipper

i would love to hear a redwall book on cd, and for you question i dont think they will, time for my own question, when you listen to the cd is it bj reading it or someone else?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

There's been no word on the Rogue Crew being released as an audio book yet. Brian might have narrated it already and it is in the process of being released, but that might well not be the case.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

BrookSkimmer

I don't know about Rouge Crew but I do know that buying the audio versions off of Amazon works really well. I have six or so book on my ipod. Awesomeness!

Lutra

Books on cd are nice for long drives. :)  I believe Mr. Jacques narrated many of the earlier stories - Redwall, Mattimeo, MTW, etc.  I haven't listened to a later one to know if still was him doing the narration. Some of the voices are not quite what you expect when you hear them.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung_of_Redwall

If I'm not mistaken Brian narrated all the Redwall audio books and that of the Flying Dutchman with the single exception of Redwall, which was narrated by Stuart Blinder

Lutra

^ My god, you're right....Brian did not narrate Redwall...had to go check because I found that hard to believe!  He simply said "Redwall, by Brian Jacques" in the beginning.

How unusual the book that began everything didn't have him as narrator!
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Muse

Yeah that is kindof weird. Ive listened to Bellmaker, Rakkety Tam, Outcast of Redwall (Togget was awesome!), and Triss (Scarum was awesomer!), and Brian J narrated all of them.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Firehawke

I have listened to all of the unabridged books that are on CD and he narrated all but one of them (I can't remember for sure which one).  For the one he did not narrate, one of the actors who's worked on the books on CD did the naration
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Rimant the Warrior

I do not feel that they should make a Rogue Crew recorded book, because of the fact that Brian is dead and it would not be the same without him narrating.  As to him narrating the other books.  He narrated every book up to The Sable Quean, with the exception of Salamandastron.
Rimant the Warrior

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Rimant the Warrior on September 28, 2011, 04:04:44 PM
As to him narrating the other books.  He narrated every book up to The Sable Quean, with the exception of Salamandastron.
Can I get a source on that by chance?

Redwall Musician

Brian did narrate "Redwall". I think at least. Because I listened to the beginning, and it didn't say on the cover it was narrated by Brian.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

BrookSkimmer

I don't know about a "source" but I just finished Salamandastron and it was definitely not B.J. narrating. Just sayin' ;D

Nightfire

I once found a Redwall book on CD that was read by some boring guy with a monotone voice. I guess it was Salamandastron. :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.