"Rogue Crew" on CD?

Started by Firehawke, September 21, 2011, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawke

It's possible that that was an abridged version of one of the books.
The unabridged recordings of the books are all done by a full cast.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Redwall Musician

I listened to the beginning of Redwall. It was the unabridged recording. There was a full cast (if I remember) but the person who actually narrated was NOT Brian. I hope it wasn't at least, because his voice scared my little sister.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

LordTBT

Source for the "Salamandastron" statistic is here:
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall_Audio_Books

Where you can hear a sample from just about every known audiobook release, and also find iTunes links.

Brian has narrated Redwall, so have a few others.

Lutra

Must be the version I have doesn't have him narrating.  Its certainly possible.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Rimant the Warrior

Like I said, all of the books that I listened to were narrated by Brian and a full cast.  With the exception of Salamandastron.  I found those recorded books at my local library.  And they are all awesome.  I like it when Mark Jacques plays characters in the books.
Rimant the Warrior

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Firehawke

Yep, Marc is one of his sons
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Muse

He's really good. he played Veil in Outcast, and I think Prince Blagg in Triss.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Osu

It saddens me to think Rogue Crew probably won't get the audiobook treatment - we would have heard about it by now, surely - or if it does in future, BJ won't be narrating it.  :'(

For the record, my favorite voice actor for the audiobooks thusfar is Greg Longridge. He was Rockjaw, Cheek, Gorath, Mister Death.... gotta love Mister Death.
Marc Jacques is a very talented actor, too, of course. They all are.

......Mister Death. hehe XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lutra

There's really a character named "Mister Death"? :p  Where was this?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwall Musician

Mister Death was in Rakkety Tam!

Here is a link to his Redwall Wiki page.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on September 22, 2011, 02:22:07 AM
If I'm not mistaken Brian narrated all the Redwall audio books and that of the Flying Dutchman with the single exception of Redwall, which was narrated by Stuart Blinder

I beg to differ. I have Redwall on audio cassette, and BJ does the narrating.

JangoCoolguy

Sorry, not happening. :'(

Jacques was the executive producer; the money man. With him gone, there will be no more cast audio books unless someone else takes interest. And I just can't see that happening. The fact that the casts got smaller over time is a sign they were running out of funding/support...

I'm more upset about not getting cast recordings for "Pearls of Lutra" and "Lord Brocktree". Sure, they got abridged, one man audiobooks, but having Jacques by himself just isn't as entertaining/fun as hearing people act out the parts (not to mention the lack of Billy Maher's music)...

(plus, hearing Jacques read the part of females and kids is just blegh! XP )

*SIGH* Ya know, I often wish they'd taken a middle ground and made the audiobooks abridged AND with a cast.

Cornflower MM

ABRIDGED?!?!?! The abridged ones are HORRIBLE!!! I accidentally got the abridged version of The Long Patrol, and they cut oiut all the good parts! TYhe parts that made Redwall what it IS!!

Although, I do have to agree with you about having a full cast and Billy Maher's music.

Romsca

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on June 29, 2014, 03:57:01 PM
I'm more upset about not getting cast recordings for "Pearls of Lutra"

(plus, hearing Jacques read the part of females and kids is just blegh! XP )

WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?? ?? ?? ??