News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Redwall Holiday

Started by Matthias720, September 23, 2011, 02:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

As I believe I mentioned early on in the life of the forum, I want do special Redwall-related stuff each February 5th, in honor of Brian Jacques' memory. It recently occurred to me that we should make February 5th into a holiday of some kind, and celebrate it like we would a Nameday.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Nightfire

I could write a poem for him.  :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

This is great idea! We could post him on the Birthday board too. Then I could give him 1000000000000000 Kirby cakes!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Redwall Musician

The picture of Brian at the back of the books shows him wearing a hat. I have one just like that and I love to wear it! So every Feb. 4th I'm going to wear that hat.

We should make it a holiday. But what would we name it?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Matthias720

Brian's Day might work, or maybe Jacques day. *shrugs* Any other suggestions?

Nightfire

Brian's Day would be easier to remember, seeing as how 'Jacques' is kind of an odd sounding name to some. I will write that poem before February 5th, and I can find some great pictures of him to post here too.

Skipper

that would be cool but it wouldn't be a very big celebration

Nightfire

Put a large advertisement so that more people see this thread.

Mad Maudie

Brian's day sounds nice but we might make it have something to do with redwall
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Lily

I think that would be a great way to honour his memory. A cool way to celebrate off the forum would be to make some Redwall inspired food, then we could share recipes and pictures of the feasts here.

Tiria Wildlough

Awesome idea! I only got into Redwall around that time, so it would be a double celebration for me. ;D
Quote from: Coobreedan on September 23, 2011, 03:30:05 PM
Then I could give him 1000000000000000 Kirby cakes!
How exactly do you plan to do that? ??? :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Muse

Yeah, we could maybe have a thread only open on Brian Day to talk about how awesome he was? I dont know, just a thought. Maybe I should write a poem too
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Lutra

First thing to get correctly here....is this going to be done for his birthday (June 15) or his death date (Feb 5).  I for one feel it more appropriate to do such a  thing on his birthday...a creation date of the man who created Redwall, rather than on the day he died.  Not all will agree of course, but that's the first piece that we should sort out.

I like "Brian's Day" and think it should be about Brian as a person.  Redwall will be a piece of it, but without Brian's abilities we would not have had Redwall. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Matthias720

I want to celebrate on the day of his death to honor his memory. Doing it on his birthday is alright, but I feel that it's more poignant to celebrate on Feb. 5th.