This really bugs me...

Started by Hickory, January 05, 2015, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Okay, we all know why Redwall takes in vermin. But Salamandastron? Why did Urthstripe let Goffa and Klitch in????????
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 05, 2015, 12:54:24 PM
Okay, we all know why Redwall takes in vermin. But Salamandastron? Why did Urthstripe let Goffa and Klitch in????????

Due to the fact that Salamandastron is also a place for travellers to stay, it's more of a military focused place.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Yes... but Klitch and Goffa weren't travelers... and it's the only time in the whole series that it happens.

Lady Ashenwyte

I haven't read Salamandastron yet, but don't they pretend to be travellers?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

I think they kind of do...

Windpaw the hare lets them in because they look "young and hungry", but she is also uneasy at the thought. Urthstripe doesn't approve of the idea but he gives them food and lets them stay one night as guests. It was probably to be at least somewhat hospitable, especially since the vermin were rather young and "needy" and were with Mara and Pikkle. But nobody in the mountain was happy about it.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Nobody except Mara and possibly Pikkle.

Skyblade

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 05, 2015, 04:09:50 PM
Nobody except Mara and possibly Pikkle.

and Klitch and Goffa xD

But save those four, everyone felt uneasy when the vermin were let in, which suggests that it is not typical.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

nuncle Gabe

Urthstripe was upset and did not think