News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall optioned for film

Started by LordTBT, July 09, 2014, 12:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Yes, Lord of the Rings-ish would be good. I was quite disappointed with the tv series because they took nearly all the violence out. I mean, come on! In Martin The Warrior, they tie Skalrag (I think that's his name) to the gate and shoot him full of arrows. In the tv series, they tickle him with feathers!!! I would've liked to see more action, and a little more realistic animations too.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Remember that the show was meant for children, and while it was obvious Skalrag died, it wasn't all that necessary to show how, despite it being inaccurate and. . . disappointing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

If they had characters jumping up high in the air impossible for any creature on Earth to do, I will watch that movie ten times. Also, i think that the movie should be kid-friendly but made in the style of Farthing Wood series with a lot of gruesome deaths. Which book are they making a movie out of?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Eulaliaaa!

If they were to make Redwall into a good movie, I would think it would be the first book.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 31, 2015, 06:19:32 AM
Which book are they making a movie out of?

It would HAVE to be "Redwall", of course. It had the shortest, simplest, most streamlined story what would be easy to adapt into a 90 minute-2 hour film.

Plus, nuthin' beats to Original!

James Gryphon

I think there are other stories that might be easier or better for film -- Mariel or Outcast, for instance -- but Redwall does likely get the nod just because it's the first one. The historic record shows us how likely this is to happen: the only comic book so far is an adaption of Redwall. It also got first attention in the TV series, audio books, etc. It helps that it's a proven winner; after all, it proved to be more than adequate as the starting point for a 20+ book series. Even if you might hypothetically do better with another book in the series, you certainly can't go wrong with that one.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

I'd like to see Mossflower adapted to film, though.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Mossflower could work. Maybe even Salamandastron.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Eulaliaaa!

Or Lord Brocktree, they could make the movies in chronological order...

Lady Ashenwyte

But Lord Brocktree might not work because Ol' Brockers was an expert in sword combat while in Redwall or Mossflower the main protagonists are relatively inexperienced.

LT Sandpaw

I would really like to see the Long Patrol made into a movie, it is personally my favorite with an exciting story, it has lots of action plus the riddles and things along with some great humor. Plus it gives the origins of Cregga who's in quite a few stories.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

I really want the animation used in Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox. It was new, it was cool, annd it looked awesome.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.