News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall optioned for film

Started by LordTBT, July 09, 2014, 12:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 18, 2014, 12:13:38 AM
Be excited, if you like, but keep in mind the Hype Train's final stop is almost always disappointment in some way.

Yeah. This may be the closest a RW movie has ever come to happening, but that doesn't mean it will. An executive could always put a stop to it or it could wither on the vine (again)

Remember: A Redwall movie is a hard sell. Heck, if anything it'll be harder now than ever...
<_<
>_>

Cornflower MM

Hey, Rus? Jango? Yes, yes, that all makes sense. But still! It can happen. so, please, no more pessimism!

Rusvul

All we're trying to do is prevent possible disappointment. Don't count your chickens before they hatch- But I'm just as hopeful that they will hatch as you are.

Cornflower MM

Thar's sweet, Russy dear. But unnecessary.

JangoCoolguy

We're not trying to be pessimistic. Just realistic, as well as trying to caution people so they don't get disappointed & sad later.

Heck, I'd like it if this happened. Personally, I'd like it if it were successful enough to warrant a TV show for several other Tales  ;)

CaptainRocktree

I do really hope that it will work out! Even though Redwall isn't very popular I still think it would be fairly popular in the box office because it's a unique story or take the Narnia movie for a example the book was kinda like redwall popularity wise and it did pretty good in the box office I imagine it will be something like that but think of today's technology it would be very cool!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Cap'n Rock, what planet are you on? Narnia and Redwall are huge, popularity-wise.

Gonff the Mousethief

If this does happen, I hope it will be like the Tale of Dessperoux movie animation. They did good for that movie !
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Eh, it could have been better, but the movie was good.

Gonff the Mousethief

Well I mean the rats look bad, and the mice good, like it should be. It made them look redwallish enough.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

Well, yeah...I dunno. The animation itself just wasn't very good. :-\

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 18, 2014, 10:39:22 PM

Not to mention the unfocused, scattershot plot. When the title character takes almost half an hour to appear, you know you're in trouble. It's even worse when he plays second fiddle to a lot of the other characters...

Narrator: Remember when we said this story was about a mouse?
Me: A little, but it's been so long I almost forgot.

Gonff the Mousethief

Ugh, I was just saying that it's probably the closest animation I've seen to Redwall :-\
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Dannflower Reguba

Being "realistic," is just the facade put on by a pessimist to make it more socially acceptable. There are some places where facts must be faced, but a single statement is all that is need. Not consistent negative comments.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on July 18, 2014, 10:50:18 PM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 18, 2014, 10:39:22 PM

Not to mention the unfocused, scattershot plot. When the title character takes almost half an hour to appear, you know you're in trouble. It's even worse when he plays second fiddle to a lot of the other characters...

Narrator: Remember when we said this story was about a mouse?
Me: A little, but it's been so long I almost forgot.

Hey, hey, hey! The Tale of Desproux is a good movie, even IF the animation wasn't all that great. Chill.

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 19, 2014, 02:33:07 AM
       Being "realistic," is just the facade put on by a pessimist to make it more socially acceptable. There are some places where facts must be faced, but a single statement is all that is need. Not consistent negative comments.

Exactly.

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 18, 2014, 10:59:46 PM
Ugh, I was just saying that it's probably the closest animation I've seen to Redwall :-\

It is, it is. The whole thing's like Redwall, actually! I just think the animation wasn't the best.