News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders XV

Started by Søren, April 06, 2015, 03:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

Sir, Sky is correct in saying that she had nothing to do with my killing other workers; however,  it seems she had everything to do with the hypodermic needles filled with poison she sent me with explicit instructions to inject one worker per day with (who's names she provided), saying it was a harmless flu vaccine (I've never had a flu vaccine, sir, let alone seen a hypodermic needle before, so this all seemed legit to me). The note with the instructions and names was definitely written by her, and I'd show it to you for evidence except that she had written a post script at the very bottom telling me to burn the note after I'd read and memorized the names. It's worth mentioning, sir, that this note and the one I sent her (which I'll explain below) were the only notes she and I sent each other.

The workers I was to inject were all people I rarely saw, and so I didn't notice their absence later after the poison within the needles took effect and killed them. As you can see, sir, I had no idea the harm I was causing by following Sky's instructions. When the PR department called me up to their office to take Sky's job the only explanation they gave me was because of Sky's work on the TV segment (I was never told that it was because I was killing people, sir); I'm guessing that they had somehow gotten wind that Sky had sent me the poison needles, and that if they incriminated me then her involvement would surely be found out; considering that the public loved her work in the segment (something I was unaware of until she said so just now) her downfall could have had major repercussions on the network. Rather than risk another huge scandal following the one already caused by Jukka the Finn, they just switched Sky and my' jobs so I would no longer be harming others and the whole affair could get swept under the rug.

Regarding the note and button I had sent Sky, sir, that was about some fireworks I had set up on top of the media building (in a perfectly safe, legal manner) to celebrate your rule. Unfortunately I realized too late that Jukka (the Sling, not the Finn) must have  stuck the fireworks in the basement, as that's the only way the building-leveling explosion that occurred could have been possible. At first, though, I didn't realize that the fireworks' location had been changed and thought the explosion was horribly inadequate for celebrating one as great as yourself, oh Overlord, which explains my comments to Sky. I then realized the lackluster reaction was because the fireworks were in the building, which contained the blast (and thus amplified it's destruction to the inside of the building without immediately showing damage on the outside).

Jukka the Sling

"Oh Overlord, I was not intending any harm by moving the fireworks to the basement.  You see, that very day the vibranium mine had just changed its policy on firework storage, saying that fireworks must always be kept in the basement and only taken outside under armed guard.  I happened to have to go up to the roof for something, and I immediately spotted the fireworks.  Not wanting anyone to get in trouble, I quickly dismantled the firing mechanism (or so I thought - I guess I'm not that great with fireworks) and took them downstairs.  On my way down, I passed a guard who asked me what I was doing.  I said, "I found these fireworks on the roof; someone must have put them up there in preparation for a display before the fireworks policy was changed an hour ago.  Don't worry, I dismantled them so they won't go off when whoever-did-it hits the button."  The guard, who had gotten his Ph.D. in fireworks inspection, examined my dismantling and found it faultless.  He literally said, "I find your dismantling of these fireworks faultless."  After this, I continued down to the basement and placed the fireworks in a safe and out-of-the-way area."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

OOC: (Under the word count)

IC: "Sir, just to clarify, I had absolutely nothing to do with the fireworks. I didn't even know about twhat was going on until now.

This year, we were having an especially bad outbreak of flu. It was so deadly that workers were dying from it.

This flu is all Mhera and Jukka's fault. They released bugs that started and caused this whole epidemic. I had nothing to do with this - I only heard it from the man in charge.

The workers were vaccinated, but unfortunately, the flu vaccine didn't work on everybody. Some of the workers in the mines were superhumans (it helped them with their job). Despite their great strength, they were still susceptible to the illness and the normal flu vaccine didn't work on them. Thus, they needed to be injected with a special but stil harmless flu vaccine.

The man in charge himself told me to write a note to Mhera asking to inject workers. I thought it odd that he wanted her to inject one each day, and that she had been chosen for this task when she didn't know about flu vaccines. The man in charge said the other workers were too busy to deal with it, and that people had to be vaccinated one day at a time because there was a 24-hour recharge time for the magic needle. So I got the vaccination, did absolutely nothing to it, and sent the note to Mhera with perfectly clear and accurate instruccions reagrding how to use it. It was perfectly fine and not poisonous at all the last time I handled it before I sent it to Mhera's workplace (and I sent it the way the man in charge told me to, also). I was just following the man in charge's instructions.

I don't know how the needles got turned to poison. The only person in the whole mine who has the ability to change harmless substances into poison is Jukka (not the Flinn, the servant Jukka the Sling). She must have done it sometime the note was being sent in between me and Mhera. I didn't know anything about this and never saw Jukka.

I know why Mhera was told she was switching jobs with me because of the TV. The man in charge told me that I had been so good that it would be unfair for the other workers if I stayed in that job.

About the TV, I want to clarify that everyone who watched it knew I wasn't actually ovethrowing you; I was acting so I could save the mine you told us to work at. I even provided a disclaimer in the show that said this, verbatim:

"Everyone, this is Skyblade, and I want to make it very clear that I am not really overthrowing my Overlord Soren. I respect and honor him and want to do all I can to follow his orders. I am pretending to overthrow him because it's perfect for a show called OUTRAGEOUS Things that WILL NEVER, EVER HAPPEN. I would never, ever overthrow him or try to do anything wrong to him. By featuring this on the show, I am emphasizing how much I care for my Overlord and how unlikely, stupid, and ridiculous it would be to actualy do this in real life. This is only for the purpose of this show. Thank you for your attention."

This preview happened before the TV segment started and Mhera must have missed it.

Also, please keep in mind what I did for you during this mission, sir. Mhera and Jukka  can't say anything about my performance because they didn't know about what happened the first half of the month. I worked incredibly hard for the mine and listened to the man in charge perfectly, as you ordered us."

Quote from:  Overlord Soren...You will follow to directions of the man in charge, and work hard."

"The workers lauded me and I even saved their economy and the whole place in general. The man in charge even sent a genuine and perfectly fine gift of 1,000,000 dollars and some other useful, perfectly fine goods to you just because I did so well. Of course, sir, my purpose was to bring honor to you and respect you. So please keep in mind all the good I did this mission."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Mhera

Regarding the flu bug, that was released through air fresheners stationed throughout the mine. Jukka (the Sling, not the Finn) said the place stunk so she handed me a bunch of air fresheners to place throughout the mine. I didn't know it at the time, sir, but the fresheners Jukka had given me dispensed an aerosol flu virus, not the "lavender sheets scent" as Jukka had written on the labels. I was just doing as she said, sir, and had no knowledge of the virus lurking within the canisters that threatened to infect the whole mine.

Sky is correct in saying I missed the disclaimer for the TV segment. I had been working overtime and came in late for lunch.

Sir, I performed my work quite capably; I didn't get the praise Sky did because I also had to make up for Jukka's poor training and thus didn't have the time to go above and beyond in my own job. I did work my hardest and performed extremely well (according to the mine supervisor), the results just didn't manifest themselves in a visible way and so I didn't get lauded as Sky did.

Jukka the Sling

"I do indeed have the ability to change harmless substances into poison.  This has come in handy with assassination attempts on me and my husband.  However, I had nothing to do with changing the vaccine into poison.  You see, as I was going about my duties, the X-Men member Rogue suddenly appeared in front of me.  I was in Mhera's workplace (and the only person there), as Bedelia had sent me in to get something.  Anyway, as everyone knows, Rogue can steal your powers and use them for a short time just by touching you.  She pulled off her glove and pressed her hand to my arm before I could recognize her.  I fainted (as is the normal reaction to Rogue sucking your powers).  Then she grabbed the vaccine off the counter as I collapsed to the floor.  When I awoke, the vaccine was gone and so was Rogue.  I assumed she had stolen it and went and reported this event to Bedelia (who I innocently believed was a nice and kind person).  I'm not sure what she did after that.  And I have no idea what Rogue would get out of killing innocent mine workers, so please don't ask me her reasons.

"And the aerosol flu virus was indeed an aerosol flu virus, and I was fully aware of this.  It was part of the mine clinic's new program to experiment with a new quick and easy vaccination method (and if it didn't work, they'd resort to the old-school method of jabbing people with needles), and as I was on my way to the clinic (where they kept the nitroglycerin, which Bedelia had asked me to get for her), the doctor (who I passed in the hall) asked me to get several aerosol flu virus things he'd set out on the counter.  He explained that it was a weakened virus that would cause no sickness or ill effects but would quickly and easily vaccinate the workers against a serious flu vaccine.  I went and got them as he asked and wrote "lavender sheet scent" on them before giving a few to Mhera to set out.  I did this because she and other mine workers might not understand what was going on and might grow alarmed if they found out it was a flu virus.  And I also told her that the place stunk, and that some air freshener was needed.  This was perfectly true."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

"Sir, you may be wondering why I didn't just give the flu vaccine to Mhera personally, but as mentioned the three of is weren't allowed to talk face-to-face. That's why we had to send letters. So I sent the flu vaccine to her via the official mining mail system, which transports items from the TV station to the mines and vice versa. And then the things that Jukka outlined happened once the package arrived in Mhera'a workplace as intended. I just want to make it clear that I had done my job correctly in that regards.

I was just working hard and following the directions of the man in charge."

Søren

Your judgment is pending.

I'm retired from the forum

Søren

"You three servents have caused some serious trouble for my empire. You're all so terrible at completing simple tasks! But I'm obligated to eliminate one of you, the only me who doesn't give the best defense. Unfortunately, I can't eleminate all three of you."
Jukka had been standing, but suddenly was transported to a small tank. It was filled to the brim with gummy sharks. All that the other servents could see was her head. She immediately started choking down on the gummy sharks.
"For eternity, she'll have an endless desire for those things. And an endless supply."

I'll deal with you two shortly.
OOC:
I've got to work out the final tasks.

Edit: Done.

Søren looked at his terrible servents. Two remain. He knew he was retiring soon, to that wonderfully secluded section of the universe. But he had to finish with the two servents.

"Skyblade and Mhera. I've a special set of tasks for you two. First, I will require your assistance with dinner, then one final mission. And afterward, you'll answer a final question."
He blinked and the group were now in a dining hall in an exquisite palace structure, floating in the sky.
"I'm having a very special person over for dinner, for the two of us. I need you to create the optimal meal for a nice, romantic evening for two. Full-course meal, and detailed in what kind of soup, salad, entree, dessert, etc. Spare no expense."

OOC:
So, as you know, the final round is a little different. Basically, this requires you plan a dinner for me and my date, and I'll chose which one is best. Make sure to add detail to just what kind of foods are being served. Add beverages if you like, but that's optional. This is not the final test, but the first aspect. Don't worry, it won't take a week and a half. ;)

Søren

The Grand Overlord Søren sat back in his throne. He was tired. Tired of having to deal with the constant bickering. He recalled both of the servants into his presence.
"I've come to a decision. You both are some of the worst servants I've had to deal with. But I can only "retire" one of you."
Sky lads platform disappeared from below her feet. Søren stood up. "I hope she enjoys her new existence. As a water molecule floating around in the sky. She should have plenty f time to think of what went wrong with her missions while she completes the water cycle a few hundred times. "
He turned to the surviving servant, Mhera. "You know, my Overlord before I took over from him, he told me something once. He said I'd have to deal with servants just as bad as me and my team were. So Mhera, the tradition should be passed down." He turned and shot Mhera in the shoulder with a small, metal object. "That is an implant. Don't worry, it won't bleed and the pain won't last long. But rest assured, you'll never be satsified with your servants either. Overlord Mhera."
Søren raised his hand, and a transport arrive immediately. He would live out his eternal days on a secluded planet, with only him and his companions, leaving the universe to the new protege, Overlord Mhera.

Good game everyone! I was thrilled with the turn out for how many people participated this round. I apologize for the times I've shown inadequate of being Overlord, it's harder then you think. ;)
Congratulations Mhera, Skyblade and Jukka for being our top-3 finalists. I'm sorry it took so long to end this round, there were logistical issues. But here's the winning menu, prepared by Mhera:
QuoteOverlord, a five course meal for you and your five star date sounds wonderful, and I'd be honored to cook it. I had in mind a spectacular spread sure to make you salivate, the first course of which should set the desired pleasant tone of the night. An hors d'evours of my specialty soup, organic Crème de la Dümpster Juice, a scrumptious concoction seasoned with kosher salt and served with the diner's choice of either saltine crackers or antacids, would be just the thing. After that a salad of greens, sprigs, and twigs mixed with Plutonian space croutons, sliced celery, and shredded paramecium cheese topped with a sweet dressing tasting faintly of citrus and glory would continue to brighten the night. Appetites wetted, you would then be ready for the main course which of course would be a BLT, complete with thick cut bacon, thinly sliced homegrown tomatoes, and iceberg lettuce fresh from the Arctic topping chewy ciabatta slathered with mayonnaise. Satisfied by the centerpiece of the dinner, you would then be ready for the penultimate menu item, the dessert; a bowl of chocolate syrup garnished with gourmet vanilla ice cream would tame even the wildest sweet tooth. Finally, a finishing flourish consisting of the same kind of cheese Matt Damon uses on his nachos coupled with Ritz crackers will signal the unfortunate end of this most romantic meal under- no, not under, but in- the star-filled evening sky
I'm grateful for the chance to be Overlord, and am honored to present Mhera as the 16th Overlord of Overlord's Orders.

Mhera

OOC: Thank you everyone, especially Soren, for a great game. You are all fantastic at this, and I hope to see you back in Overlord's Orders XVI.

Also, I will do everything in my power to not be as sleep deprived while running the round as I was when I wrote that menu ;D

Søren

Mhera, you notice a lot of the updates I made to OO were at like 1 am? Yeah. Sleep is one thing you will never have again. ;D

Skyblade

Hey, congratulations to everyone, especially Jukka and Mhera. You guys did great. It's remarkable for your first time.

Mhera

@Sky: Thanks!

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 30, 2015, 12:58:17 AM
Mhera, you notice a lot of the updates I made to OO were at like 1 am? Yeah. Sleep is one thing you will never have again. ;D
;-;

Skyblade

Very few things are either all good or all bad ;D