News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Random Rants

Started by Maudie, January 13, 2015, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Quote from: Mhera on March 05, 2015, 08:44:53 PM
No, it just seems to be a source of many fist bump GIFs. :P
Aw man, you got us all excited, then just got let down. ;D

I'm retired from the forum

Izeroth

I know I sound like Captain Planet here, but..

Why do people have to litter? There are perfectly good trash-cans everywhere, and yet people insist on degrading the ground with their disgusting trash. Nearly every time I visit the local park, I see junk that people have carelessly tossed away. I wonder how those people would feel if their yards were being littered in.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Izeroth on March 06, 2015, 05:25:25 AM

Why do people have to litter? There are perfectly good trash-cans everywhere, and yet people insist on degrading the ground with their disgusting trash. Nearly every time I visit the local park, I see junk that people have carelessly tossed away. I wonder how those people would feel if their yards were being littered in.

I agree, man. But what really annoys me about the whole thing is when people have a perfectly normal trash can like two steps away from them and they STILL toss their junk on the floor.

I mean... COME ON.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on March 05, 2015, 07:24:09 PM
It seems that most swear words mean something that people find repulsive, disgusting, or unpleasant.

How can a word be repulsive?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Maudie

The same way a wound or something absolutely disgusting can. It's ugly, and it makes people feel terrible.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Mhera

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on March 06, 2015, 08:00:40 AM
Quote from: Izeroth on March 06, 2015, 05:25:25 AM

I agree, man. But what really annoys me about the whole thing is when people have a perfectly normal trash can like two steps away from them and they STILL toss their junk on the floor.

I mean... COME ON.
^^^^^

Another thing is that even if there are no cans around, folks still don't really have an excuse; after all, if they can manage to take their trash in with them they can certainly take it out too.

Skyblade

Get ready for a full-blown rant, not using the reasonable style I had earlier :P

Long
Why do I never feel like DOING MY WORK? I've been procrastinating all flippin' summer! What is WRONG with me? :'( :'( I mean, seriously, I'm being such an awful student! I used to be better, but it seems like the more years that pass the more procrastinating and lazy I get! I always feel tired and don't want to do anything except things that I like, AKA writing! How else did I get 50,000+ words? And I really enjoy playing my flute/piccolo! But I hate playing when my parents can hear; I'm so shy!! :(

And I keep telling myself, "Do your work" and then I'm STILL like too tired and stuff, and keep doing all the stuff I enjoy and I'm just done with school and done with life. Being a teenager and a student is harder than it looks. I feel like this is all my fault and for good reason, but I wish I wasn't tired. And I get hardly any sleep at night; I fall asleep at around 3 AM these days, more or less. I'm gaining weight too, and I'm always thinking like "Boo-hoo, so sorry for myself, I'm so miserable." WHATEVER. My life isn't even bad; it's good, but I'm worn-out and I want to hide.

The truth is I've done almost nothing - literally - all summer, no studying or work and I'm sorry to confess this but I must, I feel so guilty. I'm always on the computer all day either on this forum or my story, and I'm always thinking of my story. It's fun, and maybe it's an escape? IDK. I'd like to think that I'm just imaginative and creative. And I try to stop but I can't and yeah, that's why I feel like an awful person.

And like I said I'm miserable and I don't want school to start already and I hardly did my work...and I have SAT studying to do; why is that test so hard for me? :(

Yeah, I'm on the verge of crying; I cry too easily these days. Hope you don't mind the rant but it makes me feel better and this is the ranting thread. Yeah, I feel bad for posting this, just let me know tactfully if it's wrong please; I want to be a model member. And don't feel obligated to reply.
[close]

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Delthion

With the energy thing, try lots and LOTS of water, and a little bit of biking, it might be that the low-energy is causing the rest of the stuff.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

Well, at least I can rant here. I might regret it, but hey! Forums!

AHHHHHH!!!! BAD GRAMMAR!!!!!@! AHHHHHHH!!!!! I HATE BAD GRAMMAR!!!! @Sky: There's hypnosis to stop procrastinating. I know, I'm a weirdo.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Thank you, Del :)

...hypnosis..?

Hickory

Never mind, I just made everybody edge out of the room.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

Skyblade, you'd better read what I just sent you.

Skyblade

I'm going to read it right now...thank you so much :'(

Izeroth

Quote from: Skyblade on August 17, 2015, 01:59:00 AM
Get ready for a full-blown rant, not using the reasonable style I had earlier :P

Long
Why do I never feel like DOING MY WORK? I've been procrastinating all flippin' summer! What is WRONG with me? :'( :'( I mean, seriously, I'm being such an awful student! I used to be better, but it seems like the more years that pass the more procrastinating and lazy I get! I always feel tired and don't want to do anything except things that I like, AKA writing! How else did I get 50,000+ words? And I really enjoy playing my flute/piccolo! But I hate playing when my parents can hear; I'm so shy!! :(

And I keep telling myself, "Do your work" and then I'm STILL like too tired and stuff, and keep doing all the stuff I enjoy and I'm just done with school and done with life. Being a teenager and a student is harder than it looks. I feel like this is all my fault and for good reason, but I wish I wasn't tired. And I get hardly any sleep at night; I fall asleep at around 3 AM these days, more or less. I'm gaining weight too, and I'm always thinking like "Boo-hoo, so sorry for myself, I'm so miserable." WHATEVER. My life isn't even bad; it's good, but I'm worn-out and I want to hide.

The truth is I've done almost nothing - literally - all summer, no studying or work and I'm sorry to confess this but I must, I feel so guilty. I'm always on the computer all day either on this forum or my story, and I'm always thinking of my story. It's fun, and maybe it's an escape? IDK. I'd like to think that I'm just imaginative and creative. And I try to stop but I can't and yeah, that's why I feel like an awful person.

And like I said I'm miserable and I don't want school to start already and I hardly did my work...and I have SAT studying to do; why is that test so hard for me? :(

Yeah, I'm on the verge of crying; I cry too easily these days. Hope you don't mind the rant but it makes me feel better and this is the ranting thread. Yeah, I feel bad for posting this, just let me know tactfully if it's wrong please; I want to be a model member. And don't feel obligated to reply.
[close]

If it's any consolation, you're not the only one with that problem. I've often had trouble focusing on my homework, and my attention span is far smaller than I would like it to be. Frankly, I think you're being too hard on yourself; the desire to avoid responsibility is natural, and everyone experiences it at one time or another.

Anyway, here's my advice: If you ever feel overwhelmed by your work, don't be afraid to take a break. No one is capable of working for hours on end without getting tired, and a short break provides an opportunity to collect your thoughts and come up with new ideas.

Skyblade