News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Leagues to Legends (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, August 24, 2015, 09:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Raja hesitated, "Perhaps we could ask those fools which way the castle is, we could tell them we need to head in that direction," she suggested, pulling the hood of her cloak up over her head.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"Ah, of course we have to ask for the assistance of our greedy hosts again." Kasta spat, irritated they still needed the rats' help. He crossed his paws glaring down at the fresh snow kicking it irritably. Every time they got held up for some trivial reason, like directions, he wasn't king for a slightly longer time. The crown was his, the throne was his, and he was waiting around leaching off some disgusting commoners hospitality.

"Well they're your gang, ask them cousin." He snapped at Raja.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Raja snorted, rolling her eyes as she trudged back to the barn. Several minutes later, she appeared again with the gang of water rats eagerly pointing in the direction of the castle.

"Follow us, Bigchief. We show you d'way!" One cried out.

Raja joined Kasta, "I guess we should probably follow the fools," she muttered.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"Ah, no I mean they can just point the way. If they come we won't be able to get the treasure." Kasta said quickly not wanting to bring the rats along. One of them glared at him poking a dirty claw at his chest.

"Yer don' wanna us eh, th' bigchief be deciding that." Kasta glanced pleadingly over at Raja backing away from the aggressive rodent.

Eulaliaaa!

Raja smiled apologetically at the rat, "If I could bring you with us, I would. But it must be just my cousin and I, or none of us will get treasure. I've heard they have spears made of pure silver and gold, with precious stones set in them that glitter like the stars!" She said, pointing to the rat's broken, rusted spear.

His eyes light up with greed, and he nodded quickly, "We be stayin' 'ere, Bigchief, der treasure be muchgood!"

She gave a small nod, glancing at Kasta and starting to make her way towards the castle.

"Wut 'bout swords, eh? Muchgood swords Bigchief be bringing us?" Asked one of the rats.

"An' axes. Axes dat be muchgood like der spears!" Another rat shouted out.

"An' t'rowing knives? T'rowing knives muchgood, good fer killing der enemies!"

Raja squeezed her eyes shut, wishing she hadn't gotten them started on talking out weapons, "Yes! Yes! All of that! They have everything you want!" She yelled.

LT Sandpaw

Leaving the rats with promises of exuberant treasure and fine weaponry Kasta and Raja made good time though the snow. Around late morning they came across the path again and were soon on the tracks to the castle. Kasta was starting to feel the strain on his footpaws from the long march though ankle deep snow. Pride however kept him from calling a halt. It was only when they hit cultivated fields and the castle's highest towers could be seen that his pride gave into his pain.

"Cousin rest of a moment I can see the castle, we're getting close. I can almost taste that roasted fowl and feel the fire and royal fur cloaks."

Eulaliaaa!

Raja was secretly relieved when Kasta stopped, and she sat down on a rock while looking up at what was visible of the castle.

"What do you plan on doing to your brother when we arrive?" She asked, pulling the hood of her cloak down to let the sun hit her face. The cloak had become worn and slightly tattered, and she looked forward to getting a better, new one.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: [sarcasm] Kasta's reply took me such a long time to figure out, running though hundreds of different calculations, equations, and graphs of his character traits before I finally decided on one to use. :P [/sarcasm]

"Vircis, ha I'll kill him." Kasta responded almost to hastily, "He isn't worth keeping around, plus he has this coming to him." Crossing his arms the wildcat prince shivered noticeably. He glanced over at his cousin curiosity flashing in his eyes as he considered her position in the situation. Raja was clearing investing much of her time and comfort into this, for the first time Kasta felt a sting f guilt which he quickly smothered.

"What is the first thing you will do when I'm king and your the head advisor?"

Eulaliaaa!

OOC:  :P

BIC: Raja smiled, "Get a better cloak and eat some of the finest food there is in this land. I think we both deserve it after all this trouble. Then I'll arrange a small group of guards to go back and put an end to those rats," she chuckled, pulling the cloak tighter around her cold shoulders, the silver jewelry jingling noisily, "I'll also have somebeast polish all my necklaces and bracelets. What will you do once your brother is dead?"

LT Sandpaw

OOC: When you have Raja respond could you work into the end of your post that you hear someone coming. I really don't care how. Thanks.

BIC:

The wildcat let out a loud laugh, his chuckles seemed a bit forced as if they were a false bravado. In truth Kasta was rather afraid of his younger brother. In all their many wrestling matches they had when they were younger the smaller, but tougher Vircis had always come out on top. He was strong, quick witted, and twisted to the core. If it came down to a straight up battle Kasta was doomed but he wasn't about to admit it. Instead he counted on the support of his father's closest allies within the castle to recognize that he Kasta, was the rightful heir to the throne.

"After he's dead I think I'll head out to wherever they buried my father, throw my brother's corpse down there with the old fool. Then I'll spit on it and never go return to that spot." He laughed again then smirked. "After that well, I'll come join you at that fine meal."

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: whoops! Sorry for keeping you waiting, my bad. I've discovered the joy of Netflix and forgot to post in a lot of threads  :P

BIC: Raja gave a small nod, then looked Kasta in the eye, "And I'm assuming you can fight your brother on your own?" She asked.

With any luck, they would both be killed in the fight, leaving only Raja to rule. That would be in a perfect world, but anything could go wrong with her plan here. Before she could continue questioning Kasta, there was a small noise that came from her left. It was enough to make her turn her head and nervously ask, "Who's there?"

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Hey she's back, and its all fine, I figured you were travelling or something.

BIC:

Keeping his tone level Kasta nodded confidently. "Aye, I could, as long as its just us, I'll need you to rally the castle guard to protect me while me and my brother fight. Vircis might have some supporters." He fell silent biting his lip, even with his confidence shaken Kasta was determined to claim the throne, absolutely nothing was going to stop him.

"Who's there?" At Raja's words Kasta straightened.

"What is it, who is it?" He snapped, "Those bloody rats better not have followed us!" The bushes rustled again and a female otter about Raja's age stood up in full view. She wore ragged clothes and was covered in whip marks, on her wrists were manacles with short lengths of broken chains hanging from them. But her eyes were the most notable feature, bright green and blazing with ferocity, and determination.

"You!" She shouted pointing a dirty claw at Kasta.

"You!" Kasta responded reaching for his dagger. "You caused all of this."

"Then I suppose this is a good place to thank you, spoiled kitten."

OOC: Remember Kasta's history and that's who the otter is.

Eulaliaaa!

Raja narrowed her eyes, "What's an otter slave doing out in our forest? Shouldn't you be working with the others, rivermouse?" She asked, her paw grabbing the handle of her weapon. The intense eyes of the otter was unnerving.

LT Sandpaw

"I escaped, and he let me get away." The otter laughed drawing away from the two cats. "And whether I like it or not yon prince is the reason I'm free, so I owe him a debt. I wont kill you two today."

Kasta hissed, his claws clenching the hilt of the knife until they turned white. He pointed the blade at her waving his other paw to add emphasis.

"I didn't let you escape, you went into water that would have killed me and my soldiers! Your the reason I'm out here, and why Vircis is trying to be king! This is all your fault, and what makes you think you could kill us. Were armed, and theirs two of us." Kasta's bold words withered away at the look of sheer confidence on the otter's face. She smirked and turned away from him giving a closer look at Raja.

"What are you doing with him?" She asked blatantly, "The pretty not-royal is to high and mighty to come all the way out here without a really good reason."

Eulaliaaa!

Raja hesitated, the confidence that radiated from the otter making her nervous. When the otter asked her the question, she drew herself up to her full height (which was not very impressive), "None of your business, so shuttup, streamdog! Who are you to ask such questions? You're just a slave, I could have you killed for your disrespect!" She grabbed her machete out of fear rather than to threaten the otter as she struggled to keep eye contact.