News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders Commentary

Started by Hickory, April 08, 2015, 11:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

@LT Sandpaw: I think you just said the exact opposite of what I did.

James Gryphon

Another piece of advice I'd have for y'all is not to go "over the top". There's nothing wrong with bringing alien space bats down from the sky every now and again, but in general, you should stick to more mundane explanations when they will suffice. I would recommend adding only one or two fantastic elements at a time. The rest of your post can be filled in as well or better by fleshing out other people's story elements, and throwing in odd/juvenile behavior from the other players.

@Groddil: I read it, and it didn't look like it contradicted any previous plot elements to me?
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

@James: It doesn't really contradict, but Sand said that I attacked him and broke his gun, when I said the exact thing about him in the previous post.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

I believe he's waiting on @Rosie Willowwater

Rosie, you might want to post soon! There's a lot of things racking up against you! Yikes!
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Rosie Willowwater

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Rosie Willowwater

You never know! ;D

James Gryphon

I guess what's gone up is what's going to, so I'll try to get a judgment in before too long.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Is the phone number actually legit? :p

Delthion

Why am I out of the game? Rosie obviously had the worse defense!

Groddil

James Gryphon

Quote from: Delthion on September 24, 2016, 02:27:21 AM
Why am I out of the game? Rosie obviously had the worse defense!
Because you didn't do anything. She took a risk. Her "defense", such as it was, showed some hope of creativity. Your defense parroted Groddil. Lying low might work in Mafia, but it doesn't get you anywhere in OO.

Don't get me wrong; I didn't think that much of what she did. I felt her defense, as implemented, was pretty lazy. It was a tossup between the two of you. But, I don't judge Overlord's Orders so much as a legal defense game where you're trying to construct the best alibis (although that is the premise of the setting), I do it more as a writing game.  Given the short, weak, lazy, boring defense and the short, weak, lazy, creative/risky defense, I decided to give her the extra chance this time. Her character showed more initiative that could be put to use, as misguided as its direction might have been, than yours.

Quote from: Groddil on September 24, 2016, 02:26:06 AM
Is the phone number actually legit? :p
555 is a well-known and usually restricted combination of numbers in North American telephone number prefixes. Now, it looks like I misunderstood how phone numbers work, and put it in the area code, not the prefix. So, the short answer is, I don't know. It probably isn't, but I can't say that for sure.
« Subject to editing »