News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Forbidden Truce ~ Chapter Two, Trust to Ashes.

Started by Faiyloe, May 29, 2014, 12:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

By this time David had gotten a line going but really they had already wasted to much time. Grace was one of the most active in putting it out and she seemed to be everywhere at once. David watched her with cold blue eyes of worry and perhaps guilt.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Cornflower MM

OOC: *Guilt.

BIC: Bryony woke up, hot. Wait. Hot? She opened her eyes and screamed - There was lots of smoke, and she could see strange light under her door. "FIRE!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, and then raced over to the windopw, opened it, and gulped in fresh air. Then she turned back to the bed and started to strip it.

The Skarzs

OOC: I notice nobody is doing anything at the Lonels. :P
EDIT: Never mind.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Well there can still be a fire there... Lets say that one is put out rather quickly though and dealt with.

The Skarzs

OOC: Corn seems to be taking care of it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yup, I'm taking care of it. OOC:S. . . . .

BIC: After Lady Bryony was done stripping the bed, she tied the sheets and such together and got out of her window that way. When she got down, she ran around to the well screaming 'FIRE!" At the top of her lungs, waking everybody up, and soon had a bucket line going.

rachel25

Adlais soon found himself in the bucket line helping. But the fire looked almost out of control.

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

OOC: :P

BIC: Zuzucath danced in glee as he saw the fires grow and the squirrels attempt to douse them. He would have to find a way to make them think it was the otters who started it. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Things where beginning to seem hopeless The fire was out of control and all there efforts to put it out where making very little difference. It felt like trying to fill a sieve with sand. It all felt pointless and for once in his life David didn't have a plan. The sweat stuck to his cloths and back as the heat grew around him. Flames devouring the houses and shops. The alarm bell still ringing in the background.

Even though David had given up hope Grace had not. In fact she was one of the most active defenders. She seemed to be everywhere at once. 

OOC: I will let Scarzs post his bit and then I will do a bit of a time jump seeing that all they will be doing for a good bit is fighting fires.

The Skarzs

An idea sparked in Zuzucath's crazed mind, one that might work. As quickly as he could, the weasel scraped a large word in the ground in front of the Lonel castle, big enough to be read from the walls: Gretheg. He ran off cackling, talking insanely to himself. "Blood, more blood! Fire, yesss, burn, all squirrels and otters burn and die! Yesss. . ."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rachel25

Adlais was growing tired, the fire was simply out of control. More soldiers from the Castle had come down, and were helping, but it seemed to be making little difference. Suddenly, there was a cracking sound, and the entire roof of one of the flaming buildings caved in.

Cornflower MM

A mouse ran by Caldroc, who was still ringing the bell. The squirrel told him to keep ringing it, and dashed off, towards the fire. Upon getting there, he cursed under his breath, seeing the roof cave in. He grabbed a bucket (Someone had the sense of mind to hand out things to scoop water up in) and joined in the bucket, line, calling encouragement. It worked a little bit, and they started working a little faster.

Faiyloe

OOC: Ok so there will be a time jump of a few houres... Now it is night almost morning probably around 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning.

BIC:

David had gathered a score of able bodied creatures to help get all the old  the ill and the very young out of the danger zone.  By the time he got back the sun had set and the fire had spread and his hopeless feeling along with it. He rejoined the defenders fighting the fire with Grace along side him, she had a never ending energy. Every time he looked her way she was fighting with the same energy that she had been since the beginning. The fire licked at the houses and the people fought to keep it localized. Yet still it spread till half the town was in flames. As the fire blase around him the flames lapped at his memory turning his feeling of hopelessness to guilt.  

David tuned around to get more water when he saw Grace passing under a flaming beam "Look out!" He shouted darting toward her. As she turned to look in the direction of the shout David knocked her out of the way just as the beam fell. They landed on top of each other in the ally both of them unharmed but  way back was blocked. HE jumped up and almost harshly pulled Grace to her feet. "What where you thinking?" He said hardly making eye contact.  

Cornflower MM

Caldroc was now rounding up more buckets, pots, pan, shovels, anything. Even a few able-bodied beasts.