News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Vermin Warrior

Started by Eulaliaaa!, January 15, 2015, 04:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

*facepalm* I didn't give that much thought. He posted the two shrews to be on guard so no one attacked in the night and Stashi wouldn't run off. They were supposed to be watching, but fell asleep. It doesn't make a lot of sense, thank you for pointing that out.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Lady Ashenwyte

Your welcome. And for editing, I find leaving the freshly written chapter as it is and come back to it a few hours later or the next day. You can  spot mistakes now. The better thing to do is get a person to look at it and point out all the flaws. These methods help a lot with editing.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Feles

There are two small things of bother that i found in chapter four,

There is no indication that skipper lowered his voice when he started talking to the abbot, which means that he either yelled in the abbots face or was for some random reason, still talking to his maties, nitpicking, i know, it just bothered me a bit
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Eulaliaaa!

No problem, thanks for pointing that out. I've been a little busy lately, I'll see if I can write another chapter soon.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jetthebinturong

According to my English teacher, some of the advice you have received is incorrect. Now it could be different in America so this is not necessarily true but a comma is not always the right punctuation to use at the end of speech. If it is a question then a question mark should be used, if it is an exclamation then you use an exclamation mark. However you do treat them as commas so you don't end the sentence with it or capitalise the next word after the speech.

Completely random example:
"Where are we going," he asked. - This would be incorrect; the correct punctuation would be:
"Where are we going?" he asked.
So the question mark would normally end a sentence but because it's dialogue you treat it as a comma.

Just something I noticed.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Pretty sure grammar and punctuation is the same here as in the UK, Jet. Standard writing procedures for a standard language, yes?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Oh no. Looks over what I've written and cringes, this story is terrible (good idea, has potential, but poorly written). I may try to re-write this one day, or just start another story and forget this.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 18, 2015, 05:54:52 PM
Pretty sure grammar and punctuation is the same here as in the UK, Jet. Standard writing procedures for a standard language, yes?

I would presume so but I'm not going to say that that's definitely the case.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Yup. :P

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 18, 2015, 06:03:39 PM
Oh no. Looks over what I've written and cringes, this story is terrible (good idea, has potential, but poorly written). I may try to re-write this one day, or just start another story and forget this.
Don't get discouraged.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 18, 2015, 06:23:00 PM
Yup. :P

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 18, 2015, 06:03:39 PM
Don't get discouraged.

Actually, this encourages me to continue writing and improving. Looking back, I can already see the improvements I've made, and I want to keep getting better.  :)

Skyblade

I think this is good. Though you've DEFINITELY improved a lot. You're amazing now :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!