Book II: The Life of Simon and Life Beyond the Wall

Started by Captain Tammo, June 15, 2014, 03:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Thanks so much for the review! I'm really happy to see that you're enjoying everything so far. Even though Part III will be the last installment, I strongly feel that everyone will be satisfied with how the whole thing closes ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Feles

I was also wondering if you always planned to have the hooded ones turn out to be what they were (i wont give specifics so i wont spoil anything  ;) )
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Captain Tammo

I knew what I wanted the hooded ones to be like when I first created Xoer's story, but I didn't know how I'd reveal them for a long time. Initially, before I thought of doing a part II and III, the crew of the Nol and Runty were going to journey to the land of the Hooded Ones and then pursue Deamal. But I felt like the timing wasn't right so I just put it aside for a while.

I was also going to have the nightcrawlers play a bigger role. I was going to have Xoer and Nol encounter them on their way to Baala during the night. But I ultimately abandoned the idea and kept their vague description in the story as a means of building some tension. Who knows, maybe I'll go back and write a small side-story about it in the future... ::)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Captain Tammo

Hey guys! So I was a little bored the other day and noticed that it's been a while since I've posted anything in this fanfic, so I decided to make some artwork for one of my favorite scenes in the story! I actually used a note-taking app on my iPad to make this and ended up deciding that black and white best suited the picture (my color pallet was not very diverse, so it looks nicer this way :)).

Anyway, before you look at this picture, know that it contains a VERY BIG SPOILER for who The Hooded Ones are. Having said that, I hope you like it :)

"The Hooded Ones"
[close]

Captain Tammo

Do excuse the double post but this is kind of important.

Guys, I messed up. Like ooooh wow did I mess up (word of advice to fanfic authors: don't upload your chapters late at night)!

I was reading through the fanfic, as I do every once in a while to do some grammar corrections, and I realized that I had completely skipped chapter 19. As in it was not even on this thread.

*facepalm*

I'd like to apologize for my failure to notice this for an entire year while you guys have been reading. Thankfully, since many people don't usually read through an entire fanfic in one go, it doesn't look like many people noticed. Regardless of whether or not you noticed it, I should have spotted this mistake a long, long time ago, especially considering it plays a very critical role in the story's development.

Well at least I've caught it now!..... 2,000+ views later...

*harder facepalm*

-------------------------------

Edit 11/2/15

Thanks for 3,000 views, everyone!

This fan fiction has officially broken the top ten list of most viewed stories on the forum (currently number ten out of over 250 fan fictions)! I am so thrilled to see the wonderful response that this story has received. Not many fanfictions grow this big, so I'm very honored and grateful for the support from this community! It means the world to me!