News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Seeing Auras

Started by Unimaginative, August 07, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spearfinn

I mean can you like punch it
Redwallllllll!

Cornflower MM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, sorry. You weren't joking. No, they don't have a physical presence, which, sadly, is one reason why lots of people refuse to believe they exist. But they do. While that means they can't hurt you physically  they can still mess with you. Never believe a word you hear from a ghost. They can be slippery little things. ;)

Rusvul

I don't entirely understand the rationale for supernatural phenomena, you seem quite sure of them. I am intrigued, would you care to go into more detail about why you believe these things to be so?

(That might have sounded condescending. Tried to avoid that, very sorry if it comes across as such.)

Kitsune

Kinda off-topic (not really, based on the thread title ::) ), but do auras have layers? I thought I heard something like that once.

Wylder Treejumper

The reasoning you give for auras can't possibly be correct. An aura a magnetic field? Impossible.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Kitsune

I didn't say anything about a magnetic field....

Wylder Treejumper

Nope. Gwen and Han did, though, and the others agreed with them.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Kitsune

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 25, 2014, 03:21:26 AM
The reasoning you give for auras can't possibly be correct. An aura a magnetic field? Impossible.

Please explain, Wylder. I'd like to hear your reasoning on that one. :)

Quote from: PluggFiretail on September 25, 2014, 03:19:55 AM
Kinda off-topic (not really, based on the thread title ::) ), but do auras have layers? I thought I heard something like that once.

Eh, kinda-sorta. They're all different, all unique.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 20, 2014, 06:26:57 PM
I don't entirely understand the rationale for supernatural phenomena, you seem quite sure of them. I am intrigued, would you care to go into more detail about why you believe these things to be so?

(That might have sounded condescending. Tried to avoid that, very sorry if it comes across as such.)

A) I have the talent of seeing them (It can be quite disturbing. Ever look up and see a ghost staring at you from three feet away?) B) I've lived in a house with them for nine or ten years, and C) I've felt them. :)

Gwen A. Mouse

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 25, 2014, 03:21:26 AM
Actually, what I said exactly was this:
Quote from: Gwen A. MouseYou know how Earth has an electro-magnetic field around it, right? Auras are sort of like that, only with individual things.

I realize that that may be a bit misleading- I did not mean that auras were exactly like the EM field except in the respect that they are surrounding individual things, but rather that they were similar to the EM field only in the respect that they are energy fields surrounding an object. It wasn't the best analogy, but it was the best one I could think of at the time.

Quote from: PluggFiretail on September 25, 2014, 03:19:55 AM
Yeah, pretty much. Not necessarily clear-cut divisions, like if you cut an onion in half and you can pick out all the individual layers, though. As a general rule (in my experience), auras are sort of like your "personal space"- some people's are bigger, some smaller, and some have definite layers of comfort/discomfort within that overall space, while the layers of others just kinda fade into each other.

I hope that all helped, rather than serving to make things more confusing.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Rusvul

I'm really not sure why we couldn't detect auras if they were to exist... Human flesh is MUCH less sensitive than some equipment that exists to detect electric fields.

BadgerLordFiredrake

What type of energy?  If they did exist, we have instruments that can detect almost any sort of energy, and they're definitely more sensitive, as rusvul stated.
baby turtle forever

Kitsune

Just a guess here, but if it exists, I'd say it was life energy. That would explain why it could change colors based on your health/emotions.

Izeroth

A lot of people say auras are hallucinations caused by migraines or other brain problems.

Rusvul

I believe I have also heard of a condition that causes light to refract strangely, causing colored haloes to be visible around some items as well... Not sure on that one, though.