Funniest Redwall moment

Started by Captain Tammo, July 01, 2011, 01:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellhound

My personal favorite is Keyla's discussion with the vermin guards about the "fever" in MTW  :D.
Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.
The law of Badger Lords
Lord Brocktree

ilovemariel

"Lend me your battleaxe, big fellow.  Oof!  On second thought, you hold it."
-Jess Squirrel, "Mattimeo", page 298

"Right then, I'll die here, but I'll take a few of you with me.  Well, come on, froggies.  Who's first?  Or are you going to sit there clicking and grocking until I die of old age!"
- Mariel lalking to the toads, "Mariel of Redwall", page 48

Old stories told by travellers, Great songs that bards have sung, Of Mossflower summers, faded, gone, When Redwall's stones were young. Great Hall fires on winter nights,
The legends, who remembers,Battles, banquets, comrades, quests,Recalled midst glowing embers.Draw close now, little woodlander

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Basil's diversion in Redwall. Hilarious!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Osu

When Swinkee cries over his tail in Salamandastron. I know we've mentioned it before, but I simply must again for the utter awesomeness that it is: Swinkee's accent is HILARIOUS. Over and out.  8)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Nightfire

In Rakkety Tam, when the Redwallers are all in the gatehouse puzzling over the riddle, and Brookflow starts giggling like crazy while demolishing a scone.  :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Folgrimeo

There's a few moments I remember fondly.

"Salamandastron": Ferahgo gets burned by scorching hot water, and Klitch has a big grin on his face. Always funny when it happens to somebody else.

"Martin the Warrior": Pallum mimicking The Warden's "I am the law!" I was disappointed when the mocking didn't appear in the TV show.

"Legend of Luke": Beauclaire ranted about a bunch of things, then Vurg's response was "You didn't say wot wot." In the same book, Beauclaire was saying nonsense nautical terms, he was asked whether he knew what any of that meant, and he replied no.

"Lord Brocktree": Dotti's mad at her pals for forcing a boring job on her, so she revises the instructional diagram she was given, making Ruff fat among other things. Eventually the pals return, and Ruff takes a look and says "Oi, that ain't the way I drew it."

"Triss": Scarum getting his teeth stuck in the boat.

"Rakkety Tam": Yoofus is gloating that he knows the woods like he knows his wife's face. Doogy calls his bluff and covers his wife's face, asking what color her eyes are. Yoofus makes a wrong guess, leading his wife to scream at him.

"High Rhulain": Cuthbert yells "HAHAAR!", waking up Tiria like a bucket of ice cold water.

"Eulalia!": Some goodbeast threw a snake at Kurdly's face. "But [the snake's] tail landed in the fire. This move did not improve the snake's temper."

Lutra

Just about anything with Basil Stag Hare is funny.  Book or tv show.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

This bit in Mattimeo:
Mangiz:' I will not stand here to be insulted by this hedgepig!'
Ambrose: 'Then stand somewhere else and I'll insult you there, featherbag!'
XD!
Also in Mossflower, when Trubbs and co. talk in sequence. LOL.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Log-a-Log

Grubb, Bagg and Runn chopping the searats grappling hooks is hilarious
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Captain Tammo

Beau in legend of Luke was simply the best! Funniest character I've seen!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skalrag of Marshank

I have a few:

The "Flurgy Twinj" in Martin the Warrior.
When Tess told Vitch there was a bee on his tail and slapped it with a thorn branch in Mattimeo.
When Vitch thinks he got bitten by a pike in the Mattimeo TV series.
Threeclaws: Are you sure it was a pike?
Vitch: Well, it wasn't a tadpole. XD
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Birch

There are so many funny moments it's hard to choose, but here's one that's always been a favorite of mine (and that always makes me laugh:

'"Supreme sacrifice, wot? Chap keepin' another chap afloat in a bally swamp with his harolina. Not many'd do that y'know. Bet Hon Rosie'd think it was a jolly noble effort on my part- fact I'm sure she would!" He turned to the big frilled lizard that was following him. I mean to say, a chap's harolina is a very personal possesion, wot? Omigosh! Eulaliaaa!" Tarquin suddenly brained the lizard with the harolina, knocking it flying into the swamp.'
---Mariel of Redwall

Love that bit. By the way, I'm new here. Hi everybody! *waves*

Log-a-Log

Tarquin was a great character
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 26, 2011, 08:30:20 PM
Tarquin was a great character

As most of the main character hares are.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

The part in Mossflower where Martin and Gonff are sitting in Kotir's prison cells, having acquired their escape tools, and Martin says "Goodness me, a stick. How helpful. We could take this place single-pawed with a stick. What a useful thing to send us." Cracks me up every time! Matrin has a great sense of humor.  ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.