News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Ruin Runner 2

Started by Jetthebinturong, April 19, 2014, 06:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to after the second area? (Vote when first area is done)

The Caves of Sorrow
0 (0%)
The  Dragon's Tooth (A Mountain)
0 (0%)
The Sunken Ruins
1 (11.1%)
The Ravaged Plain
0 (0%)
The Tower of Death
1 (11.1%)
The Castle Argh (For all you Monty Python fans, only ever vote when it is Jet's turn to be the gm)
0 (0%)
The Dungeon of Eternal Damnation
0 (0%)
The Crystal Cavern
2 (22.2%)
The Misty Moors
0 (0%)
The Jungle Temple
1 (11.1%)
The Pyramid of Pharoah Khonsu
4 (44.4%)
The Windswept Hills
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Faiyloe

Cath turned and went left.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

They came to a fork leading either left or right

-Go left
-Go right
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Jetthebinturong

You come out in a circular room, there are three paths this time

-Go straight
-Go right
-Go left

Faiyloe

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 21, 2014, 02:58:54 AM
"Thank you traveler, now as promised I will impart my wisdom on you. When you go back to the first chamber, do not take the right path from the original entrance as all of the passages end in dead ends or lead back to the first chamber. The non-wooden creatures that roam the Sanctuary can not be harmed with fire. The chief druid went insane and killed the rest of us, that is why the title no longer means anything, the Sanctuary is his domain, trust nothing that is not living and don't turn your back on the statues" With that the mouse runs from his cell and up the stairs. You follow in time to see him leaving via the original entrance

-Go right
-Go left

OOC: "Truzt nozin' zat iz nae livin'", zat zoundz loike me philozophy!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

You come out in a square chamber, there is a statue opposite you, it is tall and carries a broadsword, you remember the mouse's words "Don't turn your back on the statues" and back out of the room, this is obviously the wrong way. You back away until you find yourselves back at the entrance to the previous room

-Go left
-Go right
-Go back

OOC: There's a clue hidden in this post somewhere

Faiyloe

Jetthebinturong

You find yourself back in the fork in the road but you ignore it because you've realised your mistake, the mouse had said that going to the right from the main entrance was an exercise in futility, meaning the right hand side from the prison cell would be the direction you should have gone. You cross the entrance chamber and go down the path directly ahead of you, a rock door slams shut behind you, no way back now.

You proceed down the path until you reach a square room, three skeletons attack you!

-Attack with dagger
-Attack with torch

Escape is not an option, you must fight!

Faiyloe

OOC: When I said left I men't left from the original entrance!

Jetthebinturong

OOC: However you weren't AT the original entrance >:D

Jukka the Sling

Amazia stood her ground for a moment, then ran at the skeletons, whirling her torch in a blazing arc and screaming like a banshee.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

It seems they have stupidly forgotten the advice of my old protege the shadowy figure thought, overlooking the scene

The flaming torch had no affect on the skeleton, it grabbed the torch out of Amazia's hand, threw it on the ground and stamped the blazing end until it went out before slugging Amazia very hard across the face

Jukka the Sling

Amazia reeled from the blow and almost blacked out. As it was, she banged into the wall and leaned on it for support. After a moment, she drew her dagger and rushed the skeletons again, her Bloodwrath beginning to kick in.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Her bloodwrath failed her as the skeleton sidestepped and held his arm out, clotheslining her

OOC: I am using a system for this, it's just that you're having terrible luck. I'm rolling a dice and judging your hit based on the number, 6-Lethal, you slay your foe, 5-Critical, you sever a limb and the foe's attack misses, 4-Average, you land a blow but it isn't very powerful, 3-Medium, you land a critical blow and the foe lands a glancing blow, 2-Bad, you land a glancing blow and  the foe lands an average, 1-Terrible, you miss but the foe lands a critical blow. You got a three and a one