News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*Zome myzteriouz podz zuddenly appear und begin grovin'- Zey begin tae take on ze formez o' forum memberz* Ah juzt vatched Ze Invazion O' Ze Bodyznatcherz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 17, 2018, 02:04:49 PM
One of these days I'm going to go down under. (We'll have to meet up that way. ;D Bring your whole family!)

What was your favorite part of the trip? Favorite location, or food, or anything.
I really liked Nouméa, New Caledonia, since it was an bustling city where everyone spoke French.  It was like wandering into France itself, only with a different ethnic makeup.  The aquarium there was very cool - they had a lot of cool creatures, including a rare shellfish-type species called a Nautilus.  Port Vila, Vanuatu, was also totally awesome.  I got to go on the tour to the Cascade Waterfall while there, which was probably the most unique and amazing part of the trip.  But Yejele Beach, Maré, was fantastic as well.  The water was clear and turquoise and gorgeous.  (Look it up, seriously.)  I dunno, they were all awesome.

One interesting thing about all the places we went was that they drive on the right side of the road with the steering wheel on the left, like in America.

Quote from: Søren on April 17, 2018, 07:14:39 PM
@Jukka the Sling Awesome!
So...you didn't take advantage of the legal drinking age limit there?
Nah, I've tasted wine before and it's really disgusting.  I honestly don't understand how so many people enjoy it.

Quote from: Delthion on April 17, 2018, 07:58:12 PM
I would personally recommend a single-malt Scotch, with an age statement, preferably something older than ten years of age. That has not been chill-filtered and with no caramel coloring added. The Ardbeg Ten Year is especially good.

Honestly though, all that I know is single-malt Scotch.
^  _
O_o

How does one even enjoy the taste of alcohol?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ashleg

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 17, 2018, 10:45:30 PM
I'm calling the police.

Quote from: Ashleg on April 10, 2018, 05:58:56 PM
C:-) C:-) C:-) C:-) C:-) C:-) C:-) C:-)

WEEWOO WEEWOO
I AM A COP!
WEEWOO WEEWOO
I TELL YOU TO STOP!
WEEWOO WEEWOO
THIS SOUND IS AN ALARM!
WEEWOO WEEWOO
I HOPE YOU ARE DISARMED!

*puts Skarzs behind barzs*

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Ashleg

B-But...the song...

Each time you do that, you call me...

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 18, 2018, 04:13:45 AM
I really liked Nouméa, New Caledonia, since it was an bustling city where everyone spoke French.  It was like wandering into France itself, only with a different ethnic makeup.  The aquarium there was very cool - they had a lot of cool creatures, including a rare shellfish-type species called a Nautilus.  Port Vila, Vanuatu, was also totally awesome.  I got to go on the tour to the Cascade Waterfall while there, which was probably the most unique and amazing part of the trip.  But Yejele Beach, Maré, was fantastic as well.  The water was clear and turquoise and gorgeous.  (Look it up, seriously.)  I dunno, they were all awesome.

One interesting thing about all the places we went was that they drive on the right side of the road with the steering wheel on the left, like in America.
Nah, I've tasted wine before and it's really disgusting.  I honestly don't understand how so many people enjoy it.
^  _
O_o

How does one even enjoy the taste of alcohol?

Wine is disgusting. Beer is disgusting. Champagne is unoffensive. Cider is good depending on the brand. Cocktails can be fantastic. I will never drink whiskey. Vodka and Coke is pretty good, but I'd never do a shot of vodka by itself.

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

DRINK SUGAR IN ITS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Skarzs

Several thousands of people would differ about the beer and wine. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 18, 2018, 05:51:02 PM
Several thousands of people would differ about the beer and wine. ;)

Good thing he's just talking about his personal preferences, then!  :laugh:

The Skarzs

Yep.
He voiced his opinion, which he is entitled to do. We all agreed to agree or disagree civilly, and we went on with our interactions in peace and understanding.

Kinda boring, actually.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Chipster of Noonvale

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.