News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Because it's disgusting. Why do humans feel entitled to edit animals for their own amusement? Skunks aren't meant to be pets.

Don't you lot consider that tampering with God's perfect creation or something?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

.... I am uncomfortably reminded of declawed cats. Why do humans do this to the poor animals?!

The Skarzs

I was going to mention declawed cats.

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 22, 2018, 03:44:11 AM
Because it's disgusting. Why do humans feel entitled to edit animals for their own amusement? Skunks aren't meant to be pets.

Don't you lot consider that tampering with God's perfect creation or something?
Mm. It's a fact of the human condition. Like electricity and water, we usually choose the path of least resistance. And if the resistance to having a somewhat exotic pet such as a skunk is the animal's scent gland, then the easiest way would be to have it removed. As a pet, it probably won't need the gland for defense, so it would not be detrimental to it long-term, provided the owner keeps it out of danger.

I'm afraid I can't say about tampering with creation. That's not something I have chosen to study. Of course, domesticating and breeding dogs to specific pedigrees may be considered tampering if dogs were originally all wild. . .

Not sure if I'm right in thinking this, but it really comes down to the individual and their values. What's wrong to one person may not be to another. And the same arguments have been going on for years. :P We could start a Cavern Hole or Hearth topic if you want.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Every song off Pray For the Wicked is the absolute slaps

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Søren on June 24, 2018, 03:43:53 AM
Every song off Pray For the Wicked is the absolute slaps
I disagree with your phrasing but agree with your sentiment. It's up there as one of my favourite Panic! albums. I'd say it goes V&V, Too Weird, and then PFTW.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 24, 2018, 05:07:08 AM
I disagree with your phrasing but agree with your sentiment. It's up there as one of my favourite Panic! albums. I'd say it goes V&V, Too Weird, and then PFTW.
Daniel Howell coined it, I'm just using it.

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

I know whose tongue to rip out, then. *Goes to find Daniel Howell.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

*Rolls eyes at Skar*

PFTW is really great, yeah. I love it. There's one or two songs I'm not a fan of (Silver Lining is catchy but meh, and that's the main one) but it's definitely in my top 3 Panic! albums as well.

ALSO GUYS I THINK BOOM BOOM ROOM SIDE B COMES OUT TODAY TOOOOO. (EITHER TODAY OR THE 24TH OF NEXT MONTH) Literally no one else here will be excited about this BUT I AM.

Rosie Willowwater

I AM EXCITED FOR YOU, IT SOUNDS SO COOOOL

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on June 26, 2018, 02:44:37 AM
I AM EXCITED FOR YOU, IT SOUNDS SO COOOOL

...... Yeaaahhhh I kinda got the release date wrong. :P I'm disappointed anD REALLY IMPATIENT.

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 26, 2018, 03:04:48 AM
Did you sing Cotton Eye Joe?

I was tempted, but I went with Adele's Rolling In The Deep. Might record a cover sometime, dunno yet.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zome'ov Ah 'ave been a fan o' Hammerfall fer yearz yet never kenned vho ze band-memberz vere, or ze name o' ze Paladin bloke on mozt o' zeir CD albumz. Ah 'ave looked at ze page on Vikipedia, und na' Ah dae. Mozt intereztin'- as vell az Major!

Alzae, apparently Vikipedia 'az an alternate language option in Scots. Alzae Major!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.