News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 09, 2019, 11:38:21 PM
I get the feeling you don't know what ironworking is. :D
:D You caught that, didn't you?  :D
For the most part, no, I don't. But I thought I read somewhere on here that you had switched to night shift; thus I attempted to condole....
I could probably identify it if I saw it, but I can't define ironworking. Happy?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Skarzs

Eh. Happy enough. Most people don't understand what Ironworkers do.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Verdauga

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 10, 2019, 09:51:23 PM
Eh. Happy enough. Most people don't understand what Ironworkers do.
Well? Are you going to illuminate us?

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

I would guess they work with iron, probably in large quantities. (My guess of what they do, specifically, would be they extract the iron from magnetic rocks and sand and such and make it into a usable form of iron)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

Duh.
There is more than one type of ironworker. There are reinforcing Ironworkers, who deal with rebar. There are structural iron workers, who deal with i-beams, columns, trusses, and lots of other heavy steel structural pieces to make big buildings. That is where I'm at right now, and I'm on the welding crew. There is also the raising gang, who deals with the cranes and rigging, there is the bolt up and plum up crew, and there are the connectors, who are the first people to put the pieces in place.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

Interesting. I suppose there are different types of most things. I doctor doesn't necessarily mean you work in medicine.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Or are even a doctor in the first place.  Some people just like to be called as such I suppose.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Verdauga

Booklover

Can I just barge into that conversation and inform you that ducks are bloodthirsty little beasts? Never trust a duck. Although there is one good duck: Primrose Everdeen.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Booklover

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

How about I just create a completely new conversation that you can't leave?

Verdauga

Quote from: Booklover on November 11, 2019, 06:51:58 PM
How about I just create a completely new conversation that you can't leave?
As long as I don't have to participate in it.