The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

Lass, you're a great artist, you know it, and I'll not tolerate any self-doubt. It's getting old.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

lass of something much

Verdie, it isn't self doubt, it's being nervous about one of the best artists on the forum looking at my drawings. I don't doubt myself, I know my limits. There's a difference.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

lass of something much

Quote from: lass of something much on October 03, 2020, 09:52:55 AM
He's a amazing artist and I only draw dumb cartoonys that are a disgrace to art its self!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

Cornflower MM

You know there's different styles of art, right? Cartoonish and realistic are two very different styles, but that doesn't mean they're not both art or that one is better than the other. A lot of people who can draw realistically can't draw cartoonishly very well and vice versa. So no, cartoon styled art is not a disgrace to "Art itself".

"Art" is such a broad term that can't be pinned down to one definition anyway. You can't compare different styles, nor should you. I really love your cartoonish style, and Skarzs's style.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

lass of something much

Quote from: Verdauga on October 03, 2020, 11:02:56 PM
Smells like self-doubt to me.
I'm not doubting myself! I'm doubting my so called art!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Sebias of Redwall

I mean, if you think your art is doubtful, you'd probably scream after seeing mine.  :laugh:
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Sebias of Redwall

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

I have some sketches posted in my exhibition topic.

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Go ahead. I shpuld finish with my current story so I can post it.

Sebias of Redwall

I checked out the art! I would say that you are a better artist than I, though, tbh, I don't think of myself as an artist, so take that as you will.  :laugh: I did like the pics, though!

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!