you are a mouse, it is dark, and you must choose

Started by a crumb, April 03, 2021, 03:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a crumb

you head over to what appears to you to be a hole. as you approach, you notice that it is not just dark, but there is truly a hole in this part of the wall. strangely, it feels quite chilly as you lean in. you would not have expected this compared to the warmth of the tunnel. you decide you could probably perch on the edge of the precipice and get a better look at the darker recesses of this aberration.

Booklover

Sing a song.

Then investigate the hole further.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

a crumb

abbeybeast as you are, you have no trouble bringing a simple song to mind, and quickly sing it aloud, if quietly, as you stand before the hole. once you begin investigating the hole further, you also dance. you find nothing on the periphery of the gap, but hear a hint hiss of water. you clamber up into the hole to get a better look around, and also to better detect the source of the water below, when you begin to hear the noise of clinking metal back in the corridor. somebeast, or somebeasts, are coming closer.
what do you want to do?

Russa Nodrey

Try to scare whatever it is away by yodeling.
Freddy

a crumb

you decide that come what may, you are a beast of redwall. you are a mouse. you have acorns. you have a weird orb thing that you suspect serves an important plot purpose. and you are not going to be scared away by mere noise. bracing yourself, you do whatever it is that mice need to do to be able to generate the appropriate sound, and begin yodeling as loud as you can. you cease after a few seconds have passed. whatever was previously making noise has stopped. you step down from the hole and ponder what to do now.

shisteer of nothing much

Check out the orb thingy, under the light of the torch.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ally046

Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

a crumb

feeling safe from whatever threat might have been building, you slip out the sphere and examine it under better light. it was a dull white color, somewhat tempered, and given its metallic glean, surprisingly light. you turn it over in your paws, and notice a small black rectangle on one part. you press on it, but it is firm and nothing happens. you have the creeping feeling that the plot insists you can do nothing with the orb yet. behind you, down the way you had come, you hear a faint shuffle.
what do you want to do?

Kade Rivok

Draw your wooden sword and prepare for a fight!
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

a crumb

you suffer a fleeting thought that you do not understand, and proceed to draw your sword. you have never really used such a thing before, but you figure, standing just around the corner as you are, you stand a decent chance to get the drop on whatever is shuffling closer to turning the corner. you raise the sword above your head, just as a shadow falls across the corridor.
what do you do?

Ally046

Silently sneak into a dark corner of the cave, and wait to see the cause of those noises
You think, "I am not quite ready for combat, I am just a scared, disoriented mouse"
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco