News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A funny thing happened today...

Started by Ungatt Trunn, May 22, 2013, 01:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

A funny thing happened to me today. So, me and my Mom were driving back from my Dentist Appointment, when a very strange thing happened. Up ahead we saw several Cars on the next lain stopping in front of a crosswalk. At first I was in the dark, as there was no people on the crosswalk. But then, I saw it:
Spoiler
There was a group of chickens crossing the road...seriously! There were four of them, each of them waddling in front of the cars, taking no notice of them. Believe me, this really happened! Gives a hole new meaning when you hear the famous question, "Why did the Chicken cross the road?" ;D
[close]
Did any of you guys have a weird thing happen to you today?

Life is too short to rush through it.

phoenixfoden

wow thats weird  ??? wonder why the chickens crossed the road

Shadowed One

Hahahahahahaha! That is funny! I bet most people never see anything like that! :D
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Oddly enough, it iz actually a common occurance.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

I once saw a picture were there was a sign that said "Chicken X-ing" on it. Some people just take it to heart ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Dawnwing

Today my coworker thought he brought chips and taco dip for lunch - and it looked like taco dip from the side of the container - but it was really some rhubarb dessert. So he had tortilla chips and rhubarb for lunch.  :D

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 22, 2013, 01:13:14 AM
But then, I saw it:
Spoiler
There was a group of chickens crossing the road...seriously! There were four of them, each of them waddling in front of the cars, taking no notice of them. Believe me, this really happened! Gives a hole new meaning when you hear the famous question, "Why did the Chicken cross the road?" ;D
[close]

Not today, but we often get ...
"(not sure why it's a spoiler)"
ducks and ducklings crossing the main road near here and then wandering down our street. They used to go through our driveway and garden, but then we had a fence put into keep the dog in, so the ducks go another way now. They're going from the park on the other side of the main road through to the stream in the reserve area at the bottom of our road.
[close]

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 22, 2013, 08:08:53 PM
I once saw a picture were there was a sign that said "Chicken X-ing" on it.

There are lots of official and unofficial road signs like that. Here in New Zealand there are duck, kiwi, and penguin crossing signs. In Australia they have kangaroo and wombat crossing signs. In England they have badger and fox crossing signs. One place in England I read recently that even stops all traffic from using a certain city road during the frog mating season because so many frogs cross that road. Many places have deer crossing signs.

Then there's those really peculiar ones "pedestrian crossing", whatever a "pedestrian" might be. Someone once told me there are people who actually walk from one place to another, but obviously that was just a silly joke.  ;)

There's also another strange sign that apparently means "men at work" or "road works", but there's rarely ever anyone actually doing any work there.  ???

A slightly strange thing yesterday though - I was opening up a pile of mail and saw that someone must be using up really old stamps or raided a stamp collection. The envelope had some 1c, 3c, and 4c stamps on it (which haven't been sold for decades) as well as an 18c  Christmas 1982 stamp. Standard size postage here now costs 70c.