Wild-Er
16 (76.2%)
Will-Deer
0 (0%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Wylder Treejumper

My name should be pronounced WILL-DER, but I realized it could be pronounced other ways, so I was curious... How do youse guys pronounce it?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

Heh, I'd always assumed it was Wild-er
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

CaptainRocktree

Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Rusvul

'Wyl' implies a long I, rather than a short I... I'd probably have gotten 'WILL-der' if it was 'Wyllder' or 'Willder,' but as is I pronounce it as 'WILD-er.'

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 24, 2014, 11:38:03 PM
'Wyl' implies a long I, rather than a short I... I'd probably have gotten 'WILL-der' if it was 'Wyllder' or 'Willder,' but as is I pronounce it as 'WILD-er.'

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

It's ok dude *pats Wylder's back* Everybody mispronounces my real name, lol

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Skyblade on November 26, 2014, 01:32:47 AM
It's ok dude *pats Wylder's back* Everybody mispronounces my real name, lol

Oh, yeah, no, mine too.  I've gotten at least a dozen separate pronunciations of my name.  Quite annoying.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Does anyone pronounce the S in my name? I always say my name with a hard K and both the Z and the S at the end.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 26, 2014, 03:57:32 AM
Does anyone pronounce the S in my name? I always say my name with a hard K and both the Z and the S at the end.
I always thought "Skars". But with a Z instead of a S. So I pronounce it like it's spelled.

I'm retired from the forum

Rainshadow

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 26, 2014, 04:09:46 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on November 26, 2014, 03:57:32 AM
I always thought "Skars". But with a Z instead of a S. So I pronounce it like it's spelled.

Same here.  I view the "s" as a silent letter.  Skarz.

Delthion

I've always pronounced it Skarts.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.