News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Interesting Facts

Started by Izeroth, June 16, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clunylooney

Quote from: Tungro on May 06, 2021, 03:07:07 AM
Today is the bicentennial of Napoleon's death

Speaking of which, Napoleon had a great nephew (his nephew's son) who became the attorney General of the United States under mah boi Theodore Roosevelt.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Tungro

Rivals for life

Jean-Christophe Napoleon Bonaparte and Arthur Mornington are investment managers in rival private equity firms in London. Jean is a descendant of Napoleon's youngest brother Jérôme, and Arthur the descendant of Arthur Wellesley

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vot came firzt, ze Chicken or ze egg?

Vizoot gaein' intae vhich iz ze correct vay loife iz und came aboot:

• -Gaein' be Chriztian creationizm, ze Chicken came firzt- zat firzt zection in Genesis mentionz ze variouz creaturez, includin' Birdz (like Chickenz), bein' created.
  • -Gaein' be evolution, ze egg came firzt- modern-day Birdz (includin' Chickenz) dezcended from Dinozaurz, vhich layed eggz; viz ze anceztorz o' modern-day Chickenz 'avin' layed eggz afore ze Chickenz 'ad come aboot, ze egg zuz vaz ze firzt vone o' ze tva in exiztence.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

One-Eye the wildcat

The proteins found in an egg can only be found in a chicken
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

Today is the 80th anniversary of the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor

MathLuk

France did not abolish its window tax until 1926. Yes, countries used to tax people for the number of windows they had on their house.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

WorshipTiria

Whales are a descendant of the Pakicetus, which is neither large or marine.

I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Rillbrook the Wanderer

3 Interesting Facts - By Rillbrook, Obviously a Beast of Superior Knowledge and Wisdom

1. Dogs are superior to cats
2. French press is the only way to make good coffee
3. Chocolate is better than vanilla (unless it's a tootsie roll)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zat lookz more loike opinionz zan factz.

Only ze female Mozquitoez drink blood- zey need it tae grov zere eggz. Ze malez juzt drink zin'z loike nectar.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rillbrook the Wanderer

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on September 09, 2022, 11:37:00 PMZat lookz more loike opinionz zan factz.
Does it look like that, or is it a fact ;)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

2 und 3 are only really opinionz, und couldnae really be zcientifically proven. 1 iz alzae an opinion, und couldnae really be proved eizer (und ze Catz vid clav ye tae piecez fer zuggeztin' it tae boot).

Colin Baker actually gaet axed (metaphorically zpeakin') from playin' 'iz ze 6th incarnation o' ze Doctor in Doctor Vho (Ah dinnae remember vhy), und zey put a vig on an actor along viz ze clothez- only zhovin' ze back nae givin' a clear viev o' 'iz face- und 'ad 'im regenerate intae ze 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy). 'ere'z ze zcene:

Flib Bigboat

But it's more fun to capture and create your own images. ::)
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Agreed.

Vhale Zharkz, vhilzt ztill bein' Zharkz, are pretty much 'armlezz- zey're filter feederz, mainly feedin' on Plankton und zmav Fizh.

WorshipTiria

In the ocean, pycnogonids (sea spiders) are arthropods that walk around the ocean floor. They have so much leg that a large amount of their organs are in their legs. They also eat through a proboscis.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Flib Bigboat

Interesting fact: If you eat the sharpest tool in the shed, it doesn't automatically make you the sharpest tool in the shed. Instead, it proves three things: you actually aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, you need to go to the ER immmediately if not sooner, and if someone says to you, "you are what you eat," they are either lying or also need to go to the ER.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!