News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Computers

Started by Hickory, March 12, 2015, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

We argue about with computer is better... Mac of Windows! Alienware, Linux users can also talk.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

Microsoft has terrible customer support, but Windows computers suit my needs better than a Mac would.

Rusvul

Who needs customer support when you have the Internet? :P

Hickory

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on March 13, 2015, 03:49:02 AM
Who needs customer support when you have the Internet? :P
.... right.

The Mask

What Rus said. I use Windows XP so y'know, customer support isn't even an option  :P :D
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Banya

Well, I've been happy with my HP laptop for years.  So...Winders.  Winders 7.  That's all I have to say.

Emperor Ublaz

For gaming diversity, I'd say Windows is best (hooray for Age of Empires!), but for efficiency, Linux trumps all. (See my signature)
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Luftwaffles

They each have their troubles, but I will say that I feel WAY MORE comfortable with Windows. Why? Because that's what I'm used to use... it is a silly reason, I will give you that, but it is also the reason why I keep using the darn, faulty thing.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Hickory

I myself like Mac... but that's the only system I've been brought up with.

FastFang

I use windows and linux mint, some times kali linux

I wish people all started to use linux, it's such a liberating operating system!! And all the softwares would be developed for linux users :p so gaming would be good on linux.

And its not true that linux is complicated, Unbuntu and mint (call it different linux distributions) are very simple!

anyway my final answer is :

mac for editing softwares, windows for gaming and linux for servers
google translate saved my life!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: FastFang on March 15, 2015, 01:06:56 AM
I use windows and linux mint, some times kali linux

I wish people all started to use linux, it's such a liberating operating system!! And all the softwares would be developed for linux users :p so gaming would be good on linux.

And its not true that linux is complicated, Unbuntu and mint (call it different linux distributions) are very simple!

anyway my final answer is :

mac for editing softwares, windows for gaming and linux for servers

I installed Ubuntu the other day and I gotta say that it is WAY easier to use than I thought it would be. Commands? Not so many, I could actually control pretty much everything vía mouse and keyboard shortcuts. I also LOVED that it asked me for my password whenever I wanted to install something... that's what I call security.

There are a LOT of things that I don't actually have a clue about how to control them, but there's also a lot of tutorials on the net, so there's that.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Starla1431

I like Windows. I would like to get the Alienware 17 someday...

Søren

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on March 14, 2015, 04:55:14 PM
I myself like Mac... but that's the only system I've been brought up with.

I use Mac, mostly because I like it better then Windows, which can seem backwards to me. Also, I'm heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem, so Mac best fits my desktop and notebook needs.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Rusvul

Quote from: Starla1431 on March 15, 2015, 01:42:27 AM
I like Windows. I would like to get the Alienware 17 someday...

It's a trap!

Branded computers charge you a bunch of extra money for a special little sticker. You could pay 1400 bucks for a laptop that will be outdated in a few years, or you could pay 800 or so for the pieces to assemble a desktop that will work better, last longer, and that you can upgrade in a few years when it starts to lag behind. That doesn't count monitor or keyboard, but that's maybe another 200 bucks for a nice monitor. And you also get a bigger monitor and a nicer keyboard...

Just my 2 copper pieces.