News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Empire Rising

Started by Hickory, June 14, 2016, 04:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Vitua glared daggers at Gray's back as she hauled herself up. Why had the Emperor chosen this ship? The Captain had an evil sense of humor, and Jade Keen being near her was bad enough. The High Inquisitor left the two officers on the bridge to keep an eye on it, before retiring to her room.

Unimaginative

Marv stood in front of a window, arms behind his back as he stared into space. Unlike a number of the creatures aboard, Yofcke had substantial experience with leaving atmosphere, having been doing so for a majority of his life. The Shrew turned, looking around at the crew around him. He noticed the Rat he had spoken to earlier, Lacy, in a similar position to the one he had just been in. She was cleaned up, and like him was in uniform. Not too far from her was a lost looking young Hedgehog. Maintaining his straight face, he walked over to her and introduced himself.

"The Republic seems to have loaded this ship with beasts straight out of the academy," He commented wryly. "M'name is Marv Yofcke, Republic Captain. Who are you, and what is your role upon the ship?" He asked, studying her civilian clothes.

OOC: I'm assuming that Catlyeen is in the same area as everyone else, seeing as how she wanted to meet some others. I've also PP'd slightly, putting her near Lacy. Hope that's alright, I just wanted to set up some interaction for all 3 characters.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rosie Willowwater

"Oh I work with mapping and directions"
OOC: Is that a thing? If not I can change it.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I have Lacy on the Flag Deck, which is basically just a fancy name for officer observation deck. Less vital then the bridge of course, but similar.

IC:

Turning at the sound of a familiar voice Lacy, smiled walking over to where Marv was introducing himself to a young hedgehog. Clasping her paws behind her back Lacy reached the two listening in before making her own comment.

"Navigation," She said, doing her best to sound impressed. Lacy herself had never been much interested in the art, but it was a required field of study when one became a pilot. The rat's ears twitched in amusement at the memory of those hours of hard work, trying to memorize the difference between latitude and longitude and why they had anything to do with space flight. To say the least she was glad those long days were behind her.
Still smiling Lacy held out a paw to Catlyeen. "I'm Lieutenant Keen, but please call me Lacy when we're not doing something formal. Oh and it's good to see you again sir." She glance sheepishly at Captain Yofcke self-consciously smoothing down her uniform. "Have you by any chance gotten your orders yet sir?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Picking himself up with as much dignity as he could manage Jade patted down his ruffled fur, quietly seething on the inside. Pacing over to General Gray the blonde rat announced himself with all the smooth grace of a viper.
"I see you have taken off quite well General, I must say I had my doubts to your capability, but that party trick is certainly one to remember; for a long time I might add." Jade pretended to consider Gray for a moment resting his front paws on the back of a pilots chair.
"How long have you been serving the Emperor? And how long, has a industrious officer like yourself been in command of such a ship as the Sharkpus, that was the name wasn't it?" Jade smiled watching the pilot he was standing behind feverishly work. "I'd hate, of course, for a us to get off on the wrong paw, seeing as we'll be working together for the next couple months."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

Montonius Gray had no intentions of being trifled with by any Captain aboard his own ship.

"Doubts of my capability, indeed. This time, I will excuse your apparent lack of experience - this is standard takeoff procedure. To satisfy your curiosity, I've served the Emperor these forty years without fail, and I've been in command of the Sharkus  since it was built, as it has always been the crown of the Empirical fleet." He turned away from the helm to speak directly to Jade, with a dangerous look in his eyes. A look that most subordinates quailed at.

"Also, I would advise you to call the ship by its proper name, if you intend to remain on it. Accidents can happen on these sorts of voyages."

"In addition need I remind you, that it is within both mine and Vitua's power to demote you? I hear you've already found yourself on the wrong side of her. A very ill advisable move if you ask me. Perhaps you should wait until you are more than a Captain to play the game - er, what was your name again? Captain Ripfang, check the list of Captains and figure out who this is. In the meantime, kindly get this creature out of my sight - I'm trying to fly the largest ship in the galaxy through the immensely dangerous and dense asteroid field surrounding our planet - and the Emperor would be most displeased if we were to be delayed by hitting one - Pilot, 45 degrees starboard now, if you want to keep us alive."

As the ship lurched again to avoid a monstrous asteroid, Gray turned back to the magnificent view and sighed. This, was living.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Unimaginative

"Still no, though I'd imagine it won't be long now. The ship can only function so long without every beast pulling their weight." Marv gave an exaggerated sigh. He looked back at Catlyeen.

"Navigation, eh? I remember studying that in the academy, seasons ago. Always found it too easy to justify being a class."
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Fatch of Southsward

Dann Jared, looking oddly formal in uniform, joined the three on deck. Luckily his uniform may have been formal, but he was still his old self:

"Ahh, look at that view. It takes my breath away every time we takeoff."

"Don't listen to a word Marv says young one - Navigation is a very respectable field. I myself didn't manage to pass the class. Of course, that may have been because a friend and I filled the professor's office with golf balls, but it was a difficult class nonetheless."

Hickory

OOC:

@BatLord
@Ashleg

PLEASE post as your hero characters ASAP. If you don't soon then I'll have to instigate the next major event and PP your characters.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

OOC-
Sorry! I don't know why this one is proving so hard for me...ugh.

@Fatch of Southsward
Is Dann anyplace my character could pop in? >.<

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: @Ashleg  - If you are asking whether you could use Dann to join the group - yes! Feel free! I'm alright with you PowerPlaying if you want to - just get in there somewhere.  ;)

Ashleg

Colshe Settcha snuck around the hallways, searching for a familiar face.
He didn't know anybody.
As he passed by the area that led to the deck, he caught a glimpse of Dann's back and trotted up to him.
"Um. Hey. Dann, is it?"

Fatch of Southsward

Dann shifted to the side to allow room for the newcomer, greeting him with a smile.

"Er, hey there" - he glanced over the newcomers strange attire. He was dressed something along the lines of a monk and gave off an air of mystery and intrigue - "Friend!"

"Don't know if you've met this motley crew yet- this here's Lacy. She's the harsh dictator around these parts - no, no - I didn't mean it! And these are Catyleen - no Caytleen, Catlyin?... Well, regardless,  she's on navigation. And Marv here - sure you've heard of him - one of the most well-known Captains in the service." He beamed around at the group happily.

"By golly, if I didn't end up on a ship with the most diverse crew around. Whatever we're doing, I'll bet this voyage'll be quite the success!"

Ashleg

"Ha. Mm...I'm not so sure." Colshe said, chuckling under his breath at the odd exchange.
"Something could always go wrong, especially if you're here messing them up."

Fatch of Southsward

Dann Jared's mouth opened slightly in shock at the icy retort, but he quickly shut it.

"Oh... yes. Yes, of course. I would hate to mess anything up. I suppose that's why I'm only a soldier, haha. Merely expressing confidence in the fellow crew members, doncha know."

"Yes... well, I'll just get along with my duties then. Right." - he gave a slight grin towards Lacy - "I hear there's some sort of room full of drink that may need to be guarded."

With that, he hurried away.

Ashleg

Colshe leaned back and raised an eyebrow at Lacy.
"Did you think that was a bit mean?" He asked, curtly, staring out the door.