News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders Commentary

Started by Hickory, April 08, 2015, 11:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Was there a word limit? Because I might have gone over it with my first post. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

The word limit rule's not there any more; it's up to the Overlord's discretion when someone is overloading the round.

I think you might have forgotten, though, that according to the rules, mind control and the like have been banned. You might not have said that you were brainwashed, but having it happen to somebody else and your trying to stop them isn't much different.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

I thought it was cool, just as long as you were responsible for your actions under its influence.

James Gryphon

Maybe, but if it's "uncontrollable", that doesn't imply that they're still responsible agents.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 07, 2016, 02:02:32 PM
Replacing Sky with Soren sounds like a reasonable compromise. Consider it done.
IN! :D I'll get caught up today.

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

I as a character considered them uncontrollable, as in I couldn't control them. That doesn't mean they weren't in control of their own actions.

James Gryphon

Well, that wasn't made very clear. ;)

I'm a little wary of the mind-altering substance concept in general, though, whether it's used to justify your own actions or not.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Delthion

I'm inactive for not even a day and you all turn on me? Thanks for being such great friends! ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

You weren't even mentioned until Fatch brought you up. ;D

Delthion

Groddil mentioned me in his first post! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

Delthion

Groddil! I specifically tried to hold you and everyone else exempt in my attacks and here you go and blame me for everything! ;D

Groddil

Quote from: Delthion on September 07, 2016, 10:03:50 PM
Groddil! I specifically tried to hold you and everyone else exempt in my attacks and here you go and blame me for everything! ;D

You're the only person I COULD blame it on.

Fatch of Southsward

@Groddil - It was Sagetip who was responsible for the music, not me. He took over the ship's speakers.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~