News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Empire

Started by AbbotAlf0805, July 19, 2012, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattio

Kitsune

Ok... I wonder how Verdauga conquered it all originally? Maybe there was a big kingdom and when Verdauga and Ungatt's father died, they each got half.

Romsca

Quote from: Mattio on February 16, 2013, 02:49:39 AM
I'm sorta with that  because he still had a horde of vermin and he stole from woodlanders. (3 MORE POSTS)

TSARMINA ordered THE SOLDIERS to steal from the woodlanders. Verdauga probably wasn't involved in it at all

Kitsune

True. Original question of mine:

Quote from: PluggFiretail on February 18, 2013, 03:18:40 AM
Ok... I wonder how Verdauga conquered it all originally? Maybe there was a big kingdom and when Verdauga and Ungatt's father died, they each got half.

Jetthebinturong

Verdauga walked in, saw Kotir, decided he wanted it and seeing as no one else lived IN KOTIR ITSELF he decided to live there. Then the people of Mossflower decided "No wildcats thank you very much" and tried to drive him out and that's when he enslaved them
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Shadowed One

It is hard to say if he was good or bad since he was only in a few chapters.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Romsca

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 14, 2013, 05:52:00 PM
Verdauga walked in, saw Kotir, decided he wanted it and seeing as no one else lived IN KOTIR ITSELF he decided to live there. Then the people of Mossflower decided "No wildcats thank you very much" and tried to drive him out and that's when he enslaved them
At least I'm not the only one who doesn't think he was evil!

Rusvul

Err... I don't think we know enough about him to say whether he is good or evil, but I am guessing the latter because of a few things:
1) He may not have enslaved the woodlanders in the same manner that the Marlfoxes did, but he certainly didn't pay them. If he really wanted to pay them, he would have let them keep everything they grew. Then, he wouldn't owe them anything, and they wouldn't owe him anything. There's not really a currency in redwall anyway.
2) He seemed to have a lot of land, and expanding it to Mossflower seems like the move of a conqueror. Most conquerors were viewed as evil in redwall, I cannot think of one who was treated as good.
3) Gingivere, his son, the good one in the family, walked away, implying that those who he was leaving were evil. Of course, this could just refer to Ungatt and Tsarmina, but still.

Romsca

Ungatt wasn't there and Verdauga was dead by the time Gingivere left.

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: Ajc3000fox on August 14, 2012, 09:32:43 PM
Quote from: Lutra on July 20, 2012, 03:30:18 AM
;)  An empire is one where the ones in power want to control more than just what they see.  You never gather that Verdauga or even Tsarmina for that matter, want any more control beyond the land they own...and that is the immediate land around Kotir. 
Well not exactly....If an empire was simply a power that wanted more land then an empire couldn't really exsist, because there is always more to control, right?

That's why empires do exist, it's called greed. Sin is a bottomless pit, you can't content yourself with sin, you always want more.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Romsca

Not all emperors/ empresses were bad. Queen Victoria of the British Empire was actually really good!

Jetthebinturong

Tell that to the people she conquered

Redwaller

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on April 15, 2013, 03:12:20 AM
Quote from: Ajc3000fox on August 14, 2012, 09:32:43 PM
Quote from: Lutra on July 20, 2012, 03:30:18 AM
;)  An empire is one where the ones in power want to control more than just what they see.  You never gather that Verdauga or even Tsarmina for that matter, want any more control beyond the land they own...and that is the immediate land around Kotir. 
Well not exactly....If an empire was simply a power that wanted more land then an empire couldn't really exsist, because there is always more to control, right?

That's why empires do exist, it's called greed. Sin is a bottomless pit, you can't content yourself with sin, you always want more.
True

Romsca

So you're saying Verdauga was greedy?

Jetthebinturong

Verdauga wasn't an emperor