News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Dark Forest

Started by Galedeep, July 02, 2011, 11:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesethief

Quote from: Galedeep on July 03, 2011, 09:48:07 PM
Something interesting I noticed in the books, the dark forest is only mentioned in (correct me if i'm wrong) the novels set in the pre-redwall era.
Nope, I'm currently reading Long Patrol and Damug says something about his brother going to the dark forest very soon. And Long Patrol occurs three generations after Redwall.

Gears

When brian jacques said dark forest was the afterlife, i think that the "sunny slopes" and "hellgates" are contained both in there, think something like hades.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

winifred

The dark forest confused me alot!So I decided that (for me)dark forest was one general topic but ment two different things for two different animal class's e.g: When sarobando and whatshisorhername died and talked about the sunny slopes and peaceful streams *still makes me sad*When vermin talk more like they are scared.Whatever works for me!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Coobreedan

They talk of it like a real place, I'm sure Bella Of Brocktree said Sunflash got lost there.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

I think it's a dark forest....filled with aluminum trees.

(Read Ask Slagar to get what I'm talking about)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Plugg Firetail

When I imagine The dark forest, I imagine it like the greek afterlife. The sunny slopes and green hills is where the good people go, bad people go to hellgates, and normal people go to the dark forest. There all part of the same place, just different sections.

Taggerung The Otter

Are darkforest and hellgates the same thing???
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Plugg Firetail

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Coobreedan

Plugg pictures the Hellgates and the Sunny Slopes inside the Dark Forest, don'tcha?

Plugg Firetail

Yeah, but like different sections.

Taggerung The Otter

like...ocean, land, etc

Lutra

I always saw the Dark Forest as the animals' version of purgatory or hell.  There was never any talk of an opposite afterlife like the heavens of the Catholic faith.  Even with the goodbeasts, you never gathered that going to the Dark Forest would be a wonderful eternal experience.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung The Otter

so martin the warrior went to hell :'(