News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The north mountains and the north in general

Started by winifred, October 17, 2011, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

the birds of prey in redwall mostly come from the north,I wish there was a book on the north :(King bucko said something on being from the north and other beasts.oh and thrugg went to a big mountain in the north. I really wonder if the north was like another vast snowy mossflower?
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Coobreedan

Snowy Redwall would really be cool. With big birds in the sky and everything...awesome. Someone should write one in the Fan Works."
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

winifred

Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Dotti

It's also worth mentioning that Luke's tribe settled in the north.  They found there the tribe of....I think it was hedgehogs and moles that were already living there, proving that there are a few places where life does exist.  I think the northlands would be a great place for an extensive quest.  Not just the relatively short quest of Thrugg and Dumble, I mean a long epic quest like in Mattimeo or Marlfox.  That would be really cool!
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Lutra

Unusual how the north is mentioned in Redwall, but yet there's never a quest up there to see what's really there.  You go every other direction, west, south, east, never north.  My suspicion is if its as "rough" as some creatures say, maybe survival is not too likely unless you've lived there most of your life and know how to do it.  Think of someone from Florida traveling to Maine to see relatives....they're going to find the environment and weather quite cold while the regular residents are out in shorts. :p
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

winifred

lets start a roleplaying game on the north what do yee say? :)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
And many many more...

Log-a-Log

What's also interesting is how far the "North" really is. If you look at the map of Martin the Warrior, there is forest, swamp, and even Noonvale, which is one of the most lush places in the books. But all this is far north of Redwall abbey. So to get to the cold and harsh north, it must be a very long journey.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Muse

Yes. What I want to see is where Mossflower is. I know that its set i whats really a different world, but I would like to see a map of that.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Skipper

Quote from: Dotti on October 23, 2011, 03:43:48 AM
It's also worth mentioning that Luke's tribe settled in the north.  They found there the tribe of....I think it was hedgehogs and moles that were already living there, proving that there are a few places where life does exist.  I think the northlands would be a great place for an extensive quest.  Not just the relatively short quest of Thrugg and Dumble, I mean a long epic quest like in Mattimeo or Marlfox.  That would be really cool!
lukes tribe didn't settle in the north mountains but they did settle on the north coast which is why they had to defend themselves from searats and corsairs

White One6193

The North (capital N my lads) seems to be a wild and perilous place, born of ice and rock, the creatures there of the same strength. Seems to be a wild and heady cocktail of Scotland, Northern Eire, and Scandinavia.

Twould be interesting to see a Viking-esque hare, or perhaps a Highlander badger!!

(and the fandom rejoiced) 
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

mattimouse20

unless ther was a good quest in store, i doubt the redwallers would travel that far up north. they would much rather relax in front of a cozy fire than to brave the harsh northlands. besides, i don't think that basil could take it. he has an enormous appetite as we all well know.
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Dotti

Ah weel, we'll  niver ken for shure whit lay up there, as Mr. Jacques niver wrote aboot it. :(  One thing's for shure, tho, it turned out some braw laddies tae help the wee bonnie Redwallers.  An epic quest w' the grand owd Doogy Plumm and Rakketty Tam up tae th' far northlands t'would be a braw guid read, ye ken!
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Kitsune

Revive! This looks like a pretty intresting topic!

Romsca

Kitsune