The north mountains and the north in general

Started by winifred, October 17, 2011, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

AxeHound

Cap'n Clogg looked very Viking-y in the cartoon.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Kitsune

W0NWILL

Dutch stereotypes don't make you Dutch.

As for the North, I believe that it's like Scotland, and even further North, Norway.

Romsca

Yup! And if Tramun Josiah Cuttlefish Clogg was from that far north but also east quite a ways he COULD be Dutch... ::)

Free Thought

I picture the north very much like the Scottish Highlands- brutally beautiful.  High mountains, deep valleys and black watered lochs.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Free Thought on March 29, 2013, 12:06:08 PM
I picture the north very much like the Scottish Highlands- brutally beautiful.  High mountains, deep valleys and black watered lochs.
That's how I imagen it as well.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Phoenix

I wonder if a Viking Northlands in Redwall would have the gods as their all-powerful kings/queens, or have them as Martin the Warrior-type spirits who appear to guide them.
Being currently obsessed with Norse mythology, I had to wonder that.

Free Thought

Quote from: Phoenix on April 08, 2013, 05:08:16 AM
I wonder if a Viking Northlands in Redwall would have the gods as their all-powerful kings/queens, or have them as Martin the Warrior-type spirits who appear to guide them.
Being currently obsessed with Norse mythology, I had to wonder that.

Certainly an interesting insight!  I think they did but more in the way of two deities: the Seasons and the Fates.  I'll post a short excerpt from one of my stories in the Fan Fiction section of the forum that tells the struggle between the two- look for the "Telling of the Seasons" by tomorrow. ;)

General Ironbeak

Yeah I'm seriously shocked in 22 books Brian only used the north mountains for 2. I really liked the sound of them and think they had good potential for reappearing.

Kitsune

BJ refers to the north as a harsh land of ice and snow, I thought.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 06, 2014, 05:54:45 PM
Yep, that's true. But that dosn't mean that all of it was like that. Some of it could have been "brutally beautiful" as Free Thought put it.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Kitsune

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 07, 2014, 08:47:32 PM
Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 06, 2014, 05:54:45 PM
Yep, that's true. But that dosn't mean that all of it was like that. Some of it could have been "brutally beautiful" as Free Thought put it.

That's true. I think that it would be more like Greenland though because if Mossflower is supposed to be like England, Scotland is right next to it and it's climate wouldn't be to much different.

(..do I think about these things too much?  ;D )