News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

Help! Boys are taking over the Girly Thread! *Goes and takes over Boys Thread* >:D

Rainshadow

I like ranting about what was wrong with the film adaption of Eragon.  Very fun.  I should be a movie critic.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

Quote from: rachel25 on May 23, 2014, 05:40:09 PM
I float on the edge of being girly, and tom boyish. I loath makeup, and dresses, and all that horrible stuff. But I love textiles, and art, but then again, there's a boy who goes to my textiles class, and anyway, textiles isn't girly so.......................

I, on the other hand, I sort of like makeup, I like nice clothes, and dresses are good FOR CERTAIN OCCASIONS, but I don't like arts or textiles. Well     some art is okay, but, you know... I happen to be one of those unfortunate people who are too left-brained to appreciate abstract, non-objective art. It makes me cringe.

But yeah, I definitely consider myself more of a tomboy. At least I really was when I was a few years younger. The main reasons I like the character Romsca is because she is BA, she kicks A when fighting and when insulting, and did I mention she was BA?

Cornflower MM

Quote from: BlueRose on May 23, 2014, 12:31:58 AM
Haha! My sister used to babysit the cutest little girl, and since the girl couldn't pronounce her name, the girl called her 'Ice'. I couldn't say 'library' for the longest time. It was 'liberry'.

Also, I used to have a British accent, and because I was so much younger than my two oldest siblings, people asked if I was their adopted daughter. (Or son, depending on what I was wearing. My looks were rather androgynous at the time. [Aka, I looked like a boy unless I was wearing pink.])

YES!! I finally found someone else!! When I was a baby, people always thought I was a boy, simply because a) I didn't have any hair (But it's really long now, and slightly wavy) b) I always had on overalls, and little blue jeans, and such.

I float on the edge of being girly, and tom boyish. I loath makeup, and dresses, and all that horrible stuff. But I love textiles, and art, but then again, there's a boy who goes to my textiles class, and anyway, textiles isn't girly so.......................

So'm I, Rachy...So am I. I like pretty things, but I loathe makeup. I take ballet classes, but I HATE wearing dresses. Last night, at Dress Rehearsal, this one giurl I know from my homeschool group started talking to my best friend IRL (Who's also homeschooled, and in the group) and didn't spare me a glance until  I said, "Hey, Anna!" She didn't recognize me without my bangs, with makeup on my face (The one thing I DON'T like about recitals - You have to wear makeup so that stage lights don't wash you out) and without my blue jeans and t-shirt... :o :o :o

Rusvul

Quote from: Romsca on May 24, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

I, on the other hand, I sort of like makeup, I like nice clothes, and dresses are good FOR CERTAIN OCCASIONS, but I don't like arts or textiles. Well     some art is okay, but, you know... I happen to be one of those unfortunate people who are too left-brained to appreciate abstract, non-objective art. It makes me cringe.

But yeah, I definitely consider myself more of a tomboy. At least I really was when I was a few years younger. The main reasons I like the character Romsca is because she is BA, she kicks A when fighting and when insulting, and did I mention she was BA?
I'm not sure that's exactly how I'd word it, but yeah, one of the cool things about the Redwall series is that there are quite a few strong female characters.

Cornflower MM

I agree, Rus! It shows that we girls AREN'T good for nothing except taking care of the house and the babies!!

Romsca

@CornflowerMM: You take... ballet... classes? :o I did that once when I was six... never. Happening. Again! Ever! Sorry, it was just, I don't know. Maybe I had a bad experience I can't remember

I'd much rather take fencing classes, play soccer (football for those in England), ride a skateboard, go fishing/hunting, go hiking, or go to a shooting range (archery or guns)

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Romsca on May 24, 2014, 06:12:18 PM
@CornflowerMM: You take... ballet... classes? :o I did that once when I was six... never. Happening. Again! Ever! Sorry, it was just, I don't know. Maybe I had a bad experience I can't remember

I'd much rather take fencing classes, play soccer (football for those in England), ride a skateboard, go fishing/hunting, go hiking, or go to a shooting range (archery or guns)

Ballet's fun! I admit, I'd like to take Jazz, but....Budget..... :(
Fencing, archery, hiking, and skateboarding sounds fun! But, I wouldn't miss my classes for the world....

Romsca

To each their own ;)

(I think Shakespeare said that)

Cornflower MM

Who knows? I say it too...

Rainshadow

I wanna take hip-hop dance at my gym, but I'm currently taking a self defense class, so...  Lol, it was the choice between learning to dance or learning to block a punch to the face and be able to kick people properly.  Which do you think I'd pick?  ;)

(Although, I am gonna be in a Peter Pan musical this summer, so I guess you could count that as girly.  Not sure who I wanna be...  NOT a Lost Boy, though.  I didn't like being part of the ensemble last year in Seussical, so I'd at least like a name.  ::))
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Funny thing: there are many female blacksmiths who are extremely good at what they do; commonly better than males. :P It has to do with you girls having a different mindset of doing things and (more often than naught) a more artistic mind.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Well, I wear earrings, and I wear skirts a lot, and I occasionally use lip gloss and nail polish, so I guess I'm the exact opposite of you, Rach. :D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Romsca

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 24, 2014, 08:54:39 PM
Funny thing: there are many female blacksmiths who are extremely good at what they do; commonly better than males. :P It has to do with you girls having a different mindset of doing things and (more often than naught) a more artistic mind.

I wish I had a more artistic mind. Sometimes I don't even think I have a right brain

EDIT: I can be artistic, I just wish I was a little more so

Maudie

*Ahem* I saw Delthion eyeing this thread and decide to revive it first. I'm a tomboy for the most part, but I like to experiment with my mom's makeup sometimes. The only makeup I own is a tube of mascara and some tinted lip balm :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3