You Know You're Obsessed with Middle-earth When...

Started by Jukka the Sling, January 30, 2015, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

83. When you and your friends speak Elvish to each other

Spoiler
Not me, just a group of LotR fanatics I know
[close]

Booklover

84. When you see a thread that mentions Middle Earth and decide to read every single post and also revive the thread.

85. When you shout at your English teacher because they said they've never read LotR (I didn't actually do this, but I wanted to).

86. When you are doing an extract from LotR in English (the lesson, not the language), and it's from the film and you start pointing out all the differences to the book (that's how 85 came up).

87. When you start reciting the Ring poem just to annoy your friends.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

88. When you refer to Aragorn as Estel.

89. When you've been to Weta Workshops.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

90. When you want to memorise every single detail of books and film.

91. When you get super annoyed at your brothers' The Lego Hobbit video game because of differences it has to the book.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

92. When you can quote both Bilbo's speech and Billboy baggypants' speech from memory.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

93. When you call all the spiders you see 'attercop' or 'old tomnoddy'.

shisteer of nothing much

94. When you have a spider soft toy named Shelob. (I had this when I was little)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

95. When its one of your dreams to visit New Zealand and see AAAALLLL of the places that they filled at.
96. When you can practically quote the Hobbit and LotR films from memory.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

97. When you spend the afternoon going through an illistrated Tolkien encyclopedia, studying balrogs.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jukka the Sling

98:  When your laptop's user profile isn't your actual name but is instead an approximation of your name's meaning in Sindarin.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Sebias of Redwall

99. When you see a topic called "Funny LotR pictures" and you feel the need to reboot it.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

100. When you see a topic called "Funny LotR pictures" and you read all fourteen pages of it.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

101. When you hear about a topic called 'Funny LotR pictures' and you want to read all the pages of it.
102. When you hear about a topic called 'Funny LotR pictures', then read all the pages, and you want to add to it.

Sebias of Redwall

103. When you see a topic called funny LotR pictures, and wish someone would just post in it already.  :laugh:

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!