What is ur fav method of schholing

Home
Private
Other
Public
Other

lass of something much

Quote from: Coobreedan on January 28, 2012, 12:07:34 PM
Puplic, because you can't make new friends if you stay at home!
that's not true, I'm homeschooled, and I have many friends, from church, homeschool group, M&D, and you guys, you've just gotta look in the right places! ;)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

For me, I love homeschooling. The freedom it allows is delightful and, socially, I prefer it. Academically, school is probably easier. Our family has never been very organised so we kind of have to sort our own schoolwork out, which can be hard because the accountability isn't there, but it's not too hard and the benefits of homeschooling far outweigh the risk of procrastination. We learn so many life skills that aren't really taught in school.
A homeschooling family we knew had a house fire and didn't have anywhere to live for over a year, so we took them in and they stayed with us. One of the little boys had fetal alcohol syndrome and could be rather trying at times. The first few weeks of them staying with us was chaos but we eventually learned how to live with him and even grew to enjoy his company.
It's lessons like that and character building experience that makes homeschooling so valuable. I'll come across difficult people in my life and I'll know how to manage myself around them. I learned to control my emotions and learned to see people as more important than objects or goals. I've learned to how to interact with people older than me and younger than me. I've even learned how to break into cars. I've gained an appreciation for knowledge of learnt the value of listening. My academic knowledge may not be as complete as it would be if I'd gone to school, but I have the tools needed to learn whatever skill necessary in my life and the ability to get along with other people. I wouldn't trade that for anything.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

I like how you added breaking into cars right in the middle of that.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

It is a useful skill and not commonly taught in the average school.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

That's true, I suppose.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

You suppose? Interesting.

You're homeschooled, right?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

shisteer of nothing much

What are your thoughts on the matter?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

As to my favorite method? I've homeschooled all my life, so I'm kinda biased, but I do think the societal aspect of public schooling is well exaggerated.

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

Remember my revival of the homeschoolers thread? Or, likely more accurately, my part in it's revival?

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱