News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Cool as he may be, he willingly hunted both Ahsoka and Fives and killed the latter, which is enough to earn the ire of most people in the fandom. He just sort of comes across as the dumb, obedient commander.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: Hickory on March 04, 2020, 01:32:24 AM
He just sort of comes across as the dumb, obedient commander.

That's why I love him.  Is it also possible that people hate him because he had a nice home on Coruscant, and wasn't in the thicket of battle?  That wasn't his fault.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Jetthebinturong

No people hate him 'cause he killed Fives.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Shadow of Korriban

Five's was acting like an eternal crazy boi.  I can't blame Fox.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Shadow of Korriban

Hickory

So, has anybody else been watching the new Clone Wars episodes?

The Shadow of Korriban

But of course, Hickory!  I have enjoyed them. Though, something about each one seems just a tad rushed.  Just a tad.

Tungro

Yea, they are good but definitely rushed

The Skarzs

I have been watching them. I'm still enjoying them, so there's that.

Has anyone else seen the Mandalorian? I recently watched the first season, and they did a good job on it, I think. The CGI was good, and what was cool is that they used a lot of actual masks and costumes for alien characters in it, when in the latest movies they were doing more and more CGI. It just makes it feel a lot more like the original trilogy with the cheesy rubber masks and puppets.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Yes, it was probably one of my favorite things to come out of Disney. The acting was great, the worldbuilding was great, the storytelling was great, there was nothing wrong with it (maybe besides Baby Yoda becoming such a big hit). Personally I liked how the Mandalorian communicated with the Tusken Raiders, it was an interesting look into that culture that offered a new perspective.

The RvB-style scout troopers were pretty funny as well.

Wylder Treejumper

I need to watch that series... My family just got Disney+ (Or more accurately I just arrived to where my family has Disney+), so I think I will probably be doing that very soon.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Hickory on April 07, 2020, 01:51:43 PM
Yes, it was probably one of my favorite things to come out of Disney. The acting was great, the worldbuilding was great, the storytelling was great, there was nothing wrong with it (maybe besides Baby Yoda becoming such a big hit). Personally I liked how the Mandalorian communicated with the Tusken Raiders, it was an interesting look into that culture that offered a new perspective.

The RvB-style scout troopers were pretty funny as well.
Oh yeah, they were great.

I rather liked the baby Yoda. He's so smol.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Did y'all hear the news?  Ahsoka is going to be in The Mandalorian season two!!!  They've cast someone named Rosario Dawson, who has long expressed interest in playing her were there ever to be an opportunity.

I'm really excited, but also a little concerned, because Ashley Eckstein's voice is so identifiable, and if Dawson sounds too different from her, it might be hard to buy into the performance (for me, at least).  Idk.  Guess we'll see.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

As pleased as I am that a beloved character from the cartoon is getting a live-action portrayal, I can't help but feel a bit peeved. I liked the Mandalorian because it was so divorced from existing storylines and characters, which freed it up to explore new plots and  new settings. And while I don't necessarily think Ahsoka's addition will impede that, I do think that it is unnecessary. I've always advocated for a clear distinction from existing works when creating spin-offs (in my case, when writing fanfiction), so perhaps I'm just biased here – not to mention how much I've wanted a show that doesn't include a major Force-sensitive character, which Ahsoka seems posed to threaten. But we'll see.