2012-2016 what do you think these years will hold :/

Started by winifred, November 07, 2012, 04:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

um... I don't think there is a thread for this yet, but if there is let me know and I will change this to something else.
Just wondering did obama win??? I can't tell. On tv they say yes but some states are still voting...
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

W0NWILL

Well, a couple of states need to put in their vote, but I'm pretty sure it's Obama again. I wasn't paying that much attention, and neither was my mum, but from what... 

The TV just said that Obama has been re-elected.

winifred

ok thanks, I just found out for sure also........ :-\
Well time to edit the thread title! ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Redwallfan7

I'm not going to say what my opinion is on the election. (I just want to avoid controversy because I know politics is a touchy subject that the mods advise us not to get too deeply into.) I hope that insurance companies and jobs are going to be for the better though. 
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dawnwing

Let's just say I'm really not looking forward to the next four years.

Lutra

Yes, Barack Obama is officially elected.  The nailbiter tie around the 270 electoral college votes never happened.  Obama got it easily with 303 electoral college votes.

Did I vote for Obama? No, but what has been done, has been done, and you got to move forward.  Usually with an election the winning candidate looks to the losing candidates' policies for ideas.  So you might still pieces of others' programs into law.  President Clinton took a lot of ideas from Ross Perot when he made his campaign bid.  Obama will likely have to do the same given the state of a lot of things in the U.S.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

SaberTruth

I can say that I am not to pleased with the results of the election. But there is nothing we can do about it now.

Gears

Gah, I think we're in for a REALLY rough time. :/ Obama made blatant lies left and right, and i'm surprised people were still dumb enough to vote for him, after all that he's done last term. >_<
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Lutra on November 07, 2012, 11:41:05 AM
Yes, Barack Obama is officially elected.  The nailbiter tie around the 270 electoral college votes never happened.  Obama got it easily with 303 electoral college votes.

Did I vote for Obama? No, but what has been done, has been done, and you got to move forward.  Usually with an election the winning candidate looks to the losing candidates' policies for ideas.  So you might still pieces of others' programs into law.  President Clinton took a lot of ideas from Ross Perot when he made his campaign bid.  Obama will likely have to do the same given the state of a lot of things in the U.S.

Wow, my heart really sank as soon as I read that.  I'm not going to look forward to these next years. :(
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The best thing about this is a new deck of cards in 4 years, and not 8.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Dannflower Reguba

You mean restarting ALL the candidates? Yeah, that'l be really nice. Personally, our whole family didn't really trust Romney, but at like my dad said, "I'd prefer to have someone I'm not sure I can trust, than someone I know I can't trust."
Hopefully Wisconsin giant round of senate changes will go better.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Matthias720

In my opinion, while this may not be what the country needs leadership-wise, this is definitely a good opportunity for people to see just how bad of a shape the US is in. When the stock market crashes in a year or two, I suspect many people will be singing a different tune. That's all I will say on the matter.

Also, a big thank you to everyone who has currently posted here, for keeping things friendly; please keep it up. And to anyone posting after this, remember that while you may or may not agree with what other people are saying here, or with the outcome of the election, PLEASE keep things civil. Do not let patriotism get in the way of courtesy and good manners. :)

Icefire

I wonder how many voters even follow politics. I know a lot of the younger voters voted for Obama, but I wonder how aware they are about the true state of the union. O America...what a mess we are! (which is something I would say no matter who won unfortunately...) At least, we have some hope! God's not through with us yet! It will get worse before it will get better, but it will get better!!! (GASP! I just brought religion into a discussion on politics! I'll go into hiding now...)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Flandor

Alright, it seems I'm outnumbered by... everyone, here, but I was happy with the election results and am proud to have Barack Obama as my president.  I'm also very happy to see Maine and Maryland vote to legalize same-sex marriage.

That'll be all I say on the matter.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

Two words why I feel more younger Americans voted for Obama: health care.  Under his law, you can be covered under your parents health insurance until you are 26.  For those who are in school, cannot find work, or take a job with no health insurance, to be covered until their 26 isn't a bad deal.  Just to clarify, I don't support most aspects of Obama's health law--there's much more to it than this one piece; just wanted to state why I think a lot of the younger voters voted for Obama (check the voting results).
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra